Jinsmom, Home Buyer in 11746

Hi My husband and I are looking for a home with our 3 young children in the Half Hollow School District.

Asked by Jinsmom, 11746 Sat Jul 25, 2009

Any chance I can find something decent in the $400,000 price range? Is buying a home through a short sale a good idea?

Answers

10
I am a Realtor who sells homes in the Half Hollow Hills School District and my children also go that district. Call my cell 516-526-8557 to discuss.

The inventories are getting smaller. This is a very popular school district in Long Island. Please define what you mean by decent? HHH is includes the following towns: Dix Hills, Melville, part of Deer Park, part of Wyandanch, Wheatley Heights, small part of Farmingdale, small part of East Northport,

We have a district map in our office to help you determine the exact elementary schools, middle schools, and high schools the homes are in.

If you let me know specifically the type of home you desire I can help you locate homes for sale. There are condos, townhouses, single family homes in the areas I described above. Prices range from $300k to over $2 million.

SHORT SALE - If you must purchase a home before the school year I do NOT recommend buying a short sale. It is a very long process that I would be happy to exaplin to you on the phone.

Call my cell 516-526-8557. Good luck with your search.

I've lived in the Half Hollow Hills school district since 1980. I know the area well and would be happy to help you find exactly what you're looking for.

Al
631 682 6853
nccvbman@yahoo.com
Honestly the 400K range might be a go there are some areas that are still affordable like that

The best to start is

http://www.onesourcewill.com

Your One Source Connection to buy

Please give me a call if you have any questions
How soon are you looking to buyr

Will Roan Lrsp, Realtor
Charles Rutenberg Realty Inc.
631 805 9045
Most likely a high ranch
Flag Wed Sep 18, 2013
You are definitely cutting it a bit close and you will wind up with a smaller home but there is definitely a chance. Most importantly, use a Certified Buyer's Representative or CBR to get you the best deal as well as give you the loyalty and the fiduciary repsonsibility you deserve as the person bringing the money to the table. Remember, without a buyer, there is no sale. All the listings you go to see have a listing agent representing the seller with you paying all the commisions by bringing the sale. You should have representation as well. That is where a Certified Buyer's Representative comes in. Make sure the rep is versed in the area you are interested in and interview a few different people. Make sure you are comfortable with that individual. I am a Trulia and Zillow Pro agent in this area. And by the way, you can also wind up in Half Hollow district in a few other towns.

Good luck on your search.
Andra Matera - 917-750-9855
CBR Licensed NYS RE Salesperson
Charles Rutenberg Realty
office 516-575-7500
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 12, 2011
Find a realtor you TRUST and find it easy to talk to. They would be your best resource for finding what you seek. Short sales can be a way to go depending on your circumstances. Let me know if I can be of any assistance. Good Luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 10, 2009
You can find some thing in the Half Hollw School district priced around 400,000
Wheatley Heights Area .If your interested in taking a look at some homes just give me a call. I work in the Half Hollow School District.
If you have not picked a realtor, I would appreciate an opportunity to meet with you. I am a Certified Buyer Representative. The job of a CBR is to represent buyers in order to find the best possible home at the best possible price. If you already have a realtor, ask him or her whether they do buyer's brokerage. I would certainly answer any questions you might have. Good luck in your search.

Ralph Windschuh
Certified Buyer Representative
Senior Real Estate Specialist
Associate Broker
Century 21 Princeton Properties
631-467-0009
rwindschuh@c21princetonproperties.com
Hello Jinsmom,
I am a Realtor working in this area I would be happy to assist you with your search for property in this price range and area. I have a property in mind it is not the best condition but if you are willing to do some work it may be just what you are looking for. I believe that short sales are going to start to slow down as the economy starts to get moving and banks may stop accepting this type of bail out. Dont let this deter you though if you find something available with a short sale, all banks are different and may continue to accept offers.You should contact me and I will e-mail you property to review and be more than happy to get you in to view properties.
Nunzio
We are Suffolk Experts. Contact us at http://www.suffolkexperts.com
We are familiar with the properties for sale in the Half Hollow Hills School District #5 and all the surrounding areas!
Jinsmom,
Contact me and I can set up a local real estate agent on Monday with great credentials through our nationwide referral system. The system is free to you, and I can let the new agent know all of your requirements. -john
Web Reference: http://John-B-Wells.com