Hi! My husband & I like Botanica Lakes only thing we don't like is the very high Home Owners Assoc. payment. Any other houses like it?

Asked by House_hunter, Fort Myers, FL Wed Oct 21, 2009

Other nice and affordable housing communities besides Botanica Lakes? Your response is greatly appreciated.

Answers

5
snyder rbs, Agent, fort myers, FL
Tue Nov 22, 2016
HOA fees of new communities are subsidized by the builders' until the reach 90% completion. so comparison to subsidized HOA fees are not appropriate. once Marina Bay is sold through their fees will be even more . I am a former board member and a CPA and I know finances as well as anyone. the fees you pay at Botanica are a bargain.
Sandra Benne…, Home Buyer, Fort Myers, FL
Wed Jul 27, 2016
They appear to be high however they are not. Hoa's cover all lawn maintenance including trimming and edging. It also includes basic cable with internet. With that you get 3 HD boxes and more channels than the regular cable line up. That alone is worth $150 a month as well as lawn care which would probably average $50-$100 per week depending of work needed. On top of all that you are in a beautiful gated community which offers a resort style swimming pool also children's gated pool area with spa and a very well equipped workout room with a dance/arobeic studio with classes offered weekly. Quite a bit for your money when you break it down.
snyder rbs, Agent, fort myers, FL
Wed Mar 16, 2016
The HOA fees in Botanica Lakes are NOT high. they include yard maintenance, HD cable and internet, home security, gate guards, pool and clubhouse maintenance, football / soccer fields, reserves for repairs and maintenance for streets and HOA owned property. note that similar properties that are still controlled by the builder/developer are SUBSIDIZED by the builder to make it look like it's cheaper. when the HOA takes over fees will rise dramatically. proof is the Forum took over last year and the fees rose to $350 per month NOT including cable, not common grounds as there are none, not including cable etc. just yard maintenance. so if you buying in a builder controlled HOA beware!

I am a former Treasurer and board member of Botanica Lakes. I know the numbers better than almost anyone.
Sarah Brady, Agent, Naples, FL
Sun Oct 25, 2009
Hi House Hunter,

Although Botanica Lakes is a nice community, there are others located in the Ft. Myers area that are just as nice and do offer a more desirable HOA payment. As a homeowner that has always lived in gated communities and dealt with HOA questions myself, I tell all my clients to first look at the different community options and match them with exactly what you want from your development. This usually helps make a better decision and avoid overpaying for ammenities thay aren't important to you the buyer.

Feel free to contact me to discuss this further. I look forward to helping you find the right community!

Sarah Brady
Lighthouse Realty
(239) 839-2437
http://www.bradyrealestateteam.com
Colin Church…, , Fort Myers, FL
Fri Oct 23, 2009
Dear House Hunter

There are a number of comunities like Botanica Lakes, if you call me or send me an e mail with what type of property you are looking for, and the facilities you want in the community, I can send you the details of the homes for sale, and the communities they are in.
Regards
Colin Churchill
Platinum Realty Services Inc
Tel 239 634 9499
colin@platinumrealtyservices.com