lubieann, Home Buyer in 47374

Hi, My credit score is 563 and I want to know how likely it would be for me to get a first time mortgage. I pay $650/mo for rent want to buy

Asked by lubieann, 47374 Sun Dec 2, 2012

I have been paying high rent for a few years and would love to be able to purchase a home instead of giving the money to a landlord that will not fix up home...There are so many homes in my are being foreclosed and for sale for a really great price. I am getting my credit cleaned up have had a car loan now for 6 months but score is not going up as quickly as I thought....thanks

Answers

2
Hi there

Good for you for making positive strides to repair your credit - it does take time!
It is frustrating to see homes go to foreclosure and realize your rent is more than a mortgage on a home - but do remember that home expenses are much more than a simple mortgage payment - there are numerous upkeep expenses too.
With that in mind, credit scores typically need to be in the mid 600's - why not contact a lender and make sure you are on the right track to boost your credit? Sometimes there are tings you can do that will give you a faster boost (like using and paying off a credit card.) If you want the name of a great lender, let me know.
Claire-Anne Aikman SRES
Carpenter Realtors
317.345.6640
Hi Lubieann,

There are some great home buying opportunities in your area. Keep cleaning
up your credit and then start putting money back toward down payment and
closing costs. Hopefully, you will find a seller who can pay most of your closing
costs, but be pro-active about it yourself. Make sure there are no judgements
against you and if there are arrange to get them removed. Speak to the loan
officer at your local bank and ask his/her opinion as to what to do to raise your
score faster. You can do some research online to discover ways to do this.

Most banks right now want your credit score in the mid 600's.

Thanks for asking and have a wonderful Holiday Season,

Marita