Hi: In terms of purchasing a home, what's the difference between unincorporated boca and the city of boca raton? Thanks.

Asked by Skylar, Boca Raton, FL Sun Feb 3, 2013

Answers

5
Patricia Pro…, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Tue Feb 5, 2013
Hi Skylar: As others mentioned...yes, taxes, Boca has their own police dept.....However, there are many benefits living within the City of Boca Raton. One being there is a first time home buyers program available for first time buyers or if you have not owned for 3 years. I have been working with the City and their program for several years. If you live in the City you will have access to their dog parks (obtain a permit from the City) and then regarding their beach parks....you pay once to enter and then take your receipt to the City and they will issue you a pass that will allow you access at no charge for the year. Also, closer you are to the Ocean....higher property values. If you live within the City of Boca Raton everything is minutes away, fine dining, shopping, ocean, entertainment , A Rated Schools etc..... I have lived in South Florida for 32 years and have lived in several cities but Boca has it all.
If there is anything else I can help you with please do not hesitate to contact me.

Patricia Prosje PA.
A1 Florida Real Estate
516-750-4214
pprosje@bellsouth.net
Scott Miller, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Mon Feb 4, 2013
Hi Skylar.

I remember reading in one of our local newspapers that eventually the City of Boca Raton would like to extend their borders to all of Unincorporated areas of Boca Raton, too. It takes a lot of time, money, logistics to do this kind of undertaking.

Not much difference other than the slight tax differences, if any.

GOOD LUCK.

Scott Miller
Realty Associates
Boca Raton-Miami Beach, FL
marc jablon,…, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Mon Feb 4, 2013
If you're purchasing a home in Boca Raton, you won't notice much of a difference between the incorporated and unincorporated parts of the city. Perhaps a minor tax difference, although we typically quote buyers at 2% tax based on what you pay for your new home.

The largest difference is that Incorporated Boca Raton has is own police force, whereas unincorporated Boca is policed by the Palm Beach County Sheriff's office.

Also, there is one library in incorporated Boca that is not open to unincorporated Boca residents; they must pay a fee to join it. However, there are sufficient numbers of library branches open to all Boca Raton residents.

Wherever you purchase your Boca Raton home, you will enjoy living here.

Marc Jablon, The Jablon Team
RE/MAX Complete Solutions
JablonTeam@gmail.com
561-213-6139
http://www.JablonTeam.com
Jim Plotkin…, Agent, Deerfield Beach, FL
Mon Feb 4, 2013
Hi Skylar,
It's all about tax's basically. If after getting a few more answers call a couple of us and then decide who you might like to work with. I look forward in speaking with you and if you want I would be happy to help you in your search. Please feel free to log on to my website if you want to search for a few more homes.
Jim Plotkin
REMAX COMPLETE SOLUTIONS
561-856-2880
JIMMYSELLSHOMES@AOL.COM
http://WWW.JACOBPLOTKIN.REMAXAGENT.COM
Gary and Kar…, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Sun Feb 3, 2013
The main difference is the taxes. Other issues are the utilities -

If you are looking for something specific in the Boca area -I have lived here full time for almost 25 years.

I know the area and the market and may be able to save you a considerable amount of time.

Gary Youngman - Trulia VIP 3
(561) 306 7653
Web Reference:  http://www.garyyoungman.com