Hi, I would like to know from the listing prices on the homes , is that the actual price on properties? or they go up or could go down?

Asked by Mayra, Grand Rapids, MI Mon Apr 29, 2013

Am trying to figure out how much house we can get with our $$$. And if there is room to negotiate on prices. Thank you.

Answers

9
Gerrall White’s answer
Gerrall White, , San Antonio, TX
Tue Apr 30, 2013
Greetings Mayra,
Planning for your future is an important and very critical step in wise property investments.
!!CONGRATULATIONS!! Having the dedication and determination to save that amount of money is a positive reflection on you character and strength of will.

As you are probably aware, financial risk intelligence is an ongoing learning experience. The more you learn, the more you need to learn in order to make secure decisions from a wise knowledge base. Planning timeframes are important aspects of such decisions.

As for your question, you will probably get a whole lot of suggestions. The simple answer to your "HOW SOON" question is already present and it is evident that you are taking steps in the right direction, but too often too short answers fail to consider the variables and view risk factors from too small of a base. Such short term answers alone are just that "short."

A Long Term Vision, coupled with present day goal activities, which are focused on future objectives within a sustainable risk management pattern can aid in "LIVIN-THE-DREAM." With my local and global experience, I would be happy to discuss such property decision projects and home selections.
Please, call 210-334-5760

Gerrall White, Realtor
Scott Myers Century 21
11830 Wurzbach Road
San Antonio, Texas 78230
Office: 210-479-1222
Natalia Hunt…, Agent, Marietta, GA
Mon Apr 29, 2013
Mayra, that is a good question. The listing price you see is usually the price that the home should be worth, if it was priced correctly by an agent, but, there is always room for negotiations. In the last few weeks, however, we noticed that properties that are priced fair, get an offer on them right away, in some instances there are multiple offers on the homes, which drives prices up. I would say always negotiate, hearing "No" hasn't killed anyone yet :) most of the time seller will counteroffer back. If you need any assistance, please contact me, I will be happy to help.
Thank you in advance,
Natalia Hunter
Atlanta Communities Real Estate
678.835.8568
Adrienne Nug…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Mon Apr 29, 2013
With inventory as low as it is, and if the home is priced well, not only have sellers been getting 96-98% of their list price but we are also seeing multiple offers. Do your research. Find a REALTOR that fits your needs. I would love to assist in your search for a new home. Good luck and Happy House Hunting.- San Antonio, TX
Deborah Espi…, Agent, Helotes, TX
Mon Apr 29, 2013
Hi Mayra,

Good News is, there is room for negotiation in Real Estate. For more detailed information on how the listing agent comes up with pricing a home (CMA), please email me or call me...I would love to help answer any other questions you have as well and I invite you to visity my website deb.bluefaxrealty.com that has helpful information on home-buying and selling and all of my contact informaiton.
Mark Perez, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Mon Apr 29, 2013
Prices are subject to change depending on the Seller. For the most part, if a price change occurs it will usually change to a lower price per most Sellers will try and maximize with a higher price at first but will be willing to lower as negotiations begin.

You may have a situation where the selling price actually ends up being a little higher than the listed price too. This usually takes place when Seller Concessions are given to buyer. Not very often does this occur.
Jesus Soto, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Mon Apr 29, 2013
After you find a good realtor, be sure to request comparables. Comparables help you decide if the price is too high, low, or at market value. As Adrienne mentioned, Sellers (knowing its become a Sellers Market) will usually go high, but get multiple offers when at Market Value. Hope to earn your business. Good luck!
Jason Campbe…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Mon Apr 29, 2013
There is always room to negotiate... All the seller can do is say no. They can't shoot you ;)

The market is way up right now... homes are selling so fast it's crazy. Interest rates are starting to head upward, so the urgency is there.

While you can negotiate the price, and the seller paying your closing costs, repairs, etc... you will want to make a reasonable offer... if you go too low, you will just get out bid nearly all the time, and that will get frustrating, especially on the homes you really like.

I can shoot you a full list of all the homes that fit what you are looking for and keep it updated for you daily.. Just need to know what you are looking for..

Shoot me a text, e-mail, or give me a call.

Jason C Campbell
Platinum Top 50 Finalist
Option One Real Estate
210-389-5266
web: http://www.SAHomeExpert.com
Brenda Mullen, Agent, Garden Ridge, TX
Mon Apr 29, 2013
HI Mayra,

Homes that are listed on the MLS that you are seeing are the price that the seller would like to get for the home. Since everything is negotiable in Real Estate, the price could go up or down from the initial listing price depending on your circumstances or the sellers.

So, your answer is, it just depends. The best advice I can give you is to get with a local Realtor® who will work for your interests in the transaction and discuss with you what your options are in buying a home.

Best of luck to you.

Brenda Mullen
Realtor®, ABR®
RE/MAX Access
210-807-0819
brenda.mullen@sbcglobal.net
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Mon Apr 29, 2013
LISTING PRICE
Understand that the LISTING PRICE has one primary objective, to attract attention: It is not intended to be set in stone, and in many cases it is not even a good guideline toward the SELLING PRICE.
Some Sellers believe that by setting the LISTING PRICE high, they can always come down, and people will make an offer anyway: WRONG! Buyers will just bypass the property and look at houses that are within their price range. And six months from now, the Seller will slowly start lowering the PRICE, (this is called “chasing the curve”) and Buyers will be asking the question; “What’s wrong with that house?” and “Why has it been on the Market so long?”
Other Sellers set the LISTING PRICE low, to attract multiple offers. (The correct strategy.) We are asked; “Aren’t you obligated to sell at this price if someone offers it?” The answer is probably not; for that to happen, you would first have to have only one offer, and secondly, the offer would have be exactly the same, down to the smallest detail, (please discuss this with your Realtor).
Another thought; Buyer will search for potential properties by groups; for example, $400,000 to $450,000, and $250,000 to $300,000. If your house is priced at $460,000 or $310,000, the Buyers will never see it. (something else to discuss with your Agent.)
Different Banks have different philosophies about pricing their properties: You cannot draw any conclusions without a good analysis.
Have your Realtor do a CMA, (Comparative Market Analysis) to help you determine your Offering Price. It is the surest way to determine the Market Value of the property.