Hi! I was wondering if a realtor could let me know thoughts on 1521 Merriman Drive, Glendale. It has been on

Asked by Mary Glarum, 91607 Tue Jul 21, 2009

the market a while, and I was wondering why.

Answers

6
Kim & Kristi…, Agent, Santa Monica, CA
Sun Jul 28, 2013
Dear Mary,
Excellent question, and one most of my clients ask me. There could be a number of factors, price, short sale, trust sale, etc.
Just a thought... Do you have Realtor you can ask these types of questions to? If you are considering selling or buying, having the resource of a local Realtor can help you get a pulse on the market. If you are considering selling your home, don't be like the one you asked about. The longer a home is on the market, the more buyers thing something is wrong with the home.
Kim
Johnny James, Agent, Palmdale, CA
Sat Apr 14, 2012
It was priced a little high, the price was changed 4 times then an offer was accepted.
Shannon Chang, Agent, Arcadia, CA
Fri Apr 13, 2012
Hi Mary,
If you like can email estimate report to you. Because, price always is the key.

Shannon Chang
Dorene Slavi…, Agent, Torrance, CA
Wed Jul 22, 2009
Dear Mary,
I would say the price is the problem....it usually is.

Best of luck to you!
Web Reference:  http://www.doreneslavitz.com
Franklin Jac…, Agent, Los Alamitos, CA
Tue Jul 21, 2009
Hi Mary,

This Spanish Colonial Revival home is listed for $1,235,000 and potentially eligible for the Mills Act due to its fine design and excellent workmanship. It's a 4 bedroom 3 bath beauty with 3,743 square feet nested on a 10,152 foot lot. It was originally listed on 10/13/2008 for $1,595,000 and has been on the market for 281 days.
Please give me a call or send me an email to preview this property. You won't be dissapointed.

God Bless You!
"A Good Name is Rather to be Chosen..."

Franklin Jacks
Century 21 Astro
562.304.3633
franklin.jacks@century21.com
Matt McClain, , Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Tue Jul 21, 2009
Hi Mary.

I will answer more in potential reasons than my thoughts on what could be going on with this property.

I know the area well....my grandparents lived not to far from there for many years.

It is a very nice neighborhood, well kept, pricier older Spanish/Colonial styled homes from the 1930's and 1940's.

The reasons are probably more price related than anything else. The potential buyer pool for a home of this price is very narrow in the current market. Within that narrow pool of potential buyers, they would have to want a home in this area in that price range. Also, many within that same given pool of potential buyers prefer newer and more modern homes versus the classical nature and style of this home.

Without having called the agent representing this property, I seriously doubt that there are any major issues with this property. It appears to be priced correctly for the neighborhood.

If you or somebody you know is interested in this property, please feel free to call me directly or email me and we can discuss any questions you or they might have and schedule a viewing.

Matt McClain
Axiom Real Estate
626-354-3813