Hi, I'm looking to relocate to Charlottle, NC by Jan 2013. Who would I talk to in terms of see how mortgaging the NC works?

Asked by numbersgurl, Charlotte, NC Wed Sep 12, 2012

Answers

16
Jen McNeill…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Sat Sep 29, 2012
Hello!

Congrats on the move here! Charlotte is an awesome place to live/work/play! Adrian Stewart is a genuine person that cares about your needs and will certaianly do his best fit you with a mortgage within Wells Fargo or point you a few other options in the area as he has extensive contacts within the industry. His number is 704.236-5362. Hope he can help you! I also have a few others in mind if that doesn't work out.

If you need help finding a home or selling your current home, please consider a qualified agent at our firm or myself to assist you. We have do have the best relocation department around.

Thanks so much and all the best with your new journey!

Kindly,
Jen McNeill
Broker/Realtor
704.290.7374

Coldwell Banker United, Realtors
7907 Providence Road, Suite 200
Charlotte, NC 28277
http://www.cbunited.com/jenmcneill
jmcneill@cbunited.com
Dan Jones, Agent, Cornelius, NC
Tue Sep 18, 2012
If you would like to speak to a highly experienced Agent in the area, please click on the link below.
Thank you for your question and I look forward to talking with soon.

http://myhomecharlotte.com/local-charlotte-information/find-…
Jennifer Mas…, Agent, Indian Trail, NC
Sun Sep 16, 2012
This is a great place to live & work. You will LOVE Charlotte. We came 7 years ago & haven't looked back (from upstate NY). Anyway, the lending environment is not as it was, and there are more stipulations regarding income, credit, debt/income ratios, etc. It is a good idea to call a lender NOW so that you can put together your strategy for coming here. Do you have employment secured here yet? If so, great! Find out what kind of documentation your lender will require so you can begin getting those items together now. And, don't pack away your tax returns!! You'll need those too! If you don't have a job here yet, you may want to come and find some short term, temporary housing while you work and scope out the area. I know everyone posts their favorite lenders here (which is helpful - much better than having no recommendations) - so I will put in my two cents too... I have enjoyed working with Daryl Watson at Monarch Mortgage (Cell: 704-562-8281); also John Smith with New American Mortgage (704-299-5507). I would recommend using a mortgage company or smaller bank as opposed to the big banks, as their guidelines are sometimes tighter than the smaller folks. Good luck, and let me know if you need a buyer agent (no cost to you!). Thanks, Jen Masucci 704-254-6432
Gloria Fridr…, Agent, Waxhaw, NC
Sun Sep 16, 2012
Hope you are looking forward to your relocation to Charlotte! I relocated here in 1998 from NY and love it here.

As far as suggesting a mortgage lender I would definitely recommend calling Matt Gray at Fairway Independent Mortgage. I have had many buyer clients work with him and they have all said that he is professional, quick to respond and explains the mortgage products and finds the loan that best fits your needs. He is there from start to finish and will come to the closing with you. His info is
Matt Gray
Branch Manager, CMPS
Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation
Phone: (704) 749-3691
Fax: (704) 749-3687
mattg@fairwaymc.com

If you are not working with a buyer agent please feel free to contact me so we can work together to find you a home once you are qualified with your lender. Best of luck to you!
Montressa Ba…, , Charlotte, NC
Wed Sep 12, 2012
Mortgages work about the same everywhere. The others have given you more than enough info to get you started. Having your documents ready to go is the best suggestion of all! After that it's all about working with a lender who you trust to show you the options that work best for you. Your home should be a welcomed addition to your life, not a financial ball and chain around your neck. Find out how much house you can comfortably afford BEFORE you go out looking for one. That way you don't get "danced" into something you'll regret later! The loan business is a financial game that you can win if you have someone on your side or a 30 year mistake if you don't. Get someone who is willing to explain the rules to YOUR benefit. If you can't get good answers it's probably because the answers aren't in your best interest.

I like helping people play the mortgage game to win! Your home is like an item in your investment portfolio. Do something with it!!!

When you're ready for more than a home loan, call me!

Montressa Barbee
#877320
7047760596
Kathleen Tur…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Wed Sep 12, 2012
Getting a mortgage in NC is no different that it is in any other state. Lenders will take a look at your credit scores, your debts and your income, plus the ratio of your debts to your income. Since you would not be buying for at least another 4 months, you would not be able to "lock in" a loan right now, as your approval for the loan needs to be closer to your close date. Now is the tie for you to get your financial house in order. Get copies of your credit report. If you have any negative items, such as collections, judgments or large balances on credit cards - pay those off if at all possible. What is your employment history? Lenders will be interested in your last two years of employment. You will also need to have employment here in Charlotte. There is a lot of documentation that you can go ahead and collect. The lender will want to see your most recent pay stubs, bank statements and your tax returns. It will be a much easier process if you have your documentation ready to go upfront.

There are a number of great lenders here in Charlotte. Go ahead and contact several and get a feel for what they can do for you. I recommend New American Mortgage (Chad Fleener) and Cunningham Mortgage (Ashleigh Clark). Both will be delighted to speak with you and get you started.

Best success!
John Siddons…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Wed Sep 12, 2012
Hey!

Feel free to email me directly and I'll reach out to you regarding your relocation and mortgage needs.

Looking forward to helping you!

John Siddons
john.siddons@prucarolinas.com
704-458-1843
dave, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Wed Sep 12, 2012
Numbersgurl,

There are a number of differnt lenders I would recommend based on what it is you are looking for in terms of a loan. My first choice would be Chris Ayer with Coldwell banker mortgage. he handles just about every type of loan and will give you straight answers to your questions and tell you what you qualify for.

the best number to reach him at is 704-771-3954

Dave diCecco
Realtor/Broker
Coldwell Banker United
http://www.davedicecco.com
Christina Ha…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Wed Sep 12, 2012
If you are located in or will be in Charlotte on September 15 SunTrust Bank and Carolina Vue Real Estate Group are hosting a Meet & Greet for Buyers from 9am to 12pm.

It will be the SunTrust Bank at Blakeney. It is on the corner of Ardrey Kell & Rea Road. Please give me a call at 704.622.0610 for more details on the Meet & Greet and on the rules of qualifying for a loan here in NC. I look forward to speaking with you soon!

Christina Hansen
http://www.CarolinaVue.com
Daniel Fisher, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Wed Sep 12, 2012
Good afternoon, Numbers
Here is a Trulia Blog with the minimum qualifications needed to get a loan: http://goo.gl/5RG3w
If you can say yes to all of these, I am almost certain that I can help you get a loan and find a home that meets the terms of your financing.

You will need to have an employment letter from your NC employer if you are going to be working, or, if you have a pension or other non-employment income, will need to provide evidence of this. Your down payment will generally need to be 3.5% of the purchase price. If you don't quite meet the minimum qualifications or if you don't have a down payment saved, it will be a little more difficult and take a little more time, but we can still achieve your goal of home ownership.

If your you need to get your score up a bit, here is what you should be doing to improve credit: http://goo.gl/INE80 Getting 2 or 3 secured $300 credit cards will likely be the fastest way to do this. http://goo.gl/urh40 Once you have read this, please give me a call. If you appreciate an answer, please give thumbs up. For the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a best answer click.
Jon Widdifie…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Wed Sep 12, 2012
There are many great mortgage companies out there. They will be able to anwser any questions you may have. We work with several companies at my office New American, Fairway, REMN and Monarch. Different companies offer different loans. It just depends on what you are looking to do. Please contact me if you have any questions. I will post a link to my search site, it is a great place to start looking for a home.
Beth Gionis, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Wed Sep 12, 2012
Hi numbers girl,
There are certainly different lenders who work well with different folks depending on needs and focus. One thing I try to do is get a handle on your goals and then refer you to a few lenders who can not only provide you with the right package but who can communicate well with the team you chose to help with your home purchase. Working with someone local to the community will prove to be a plus! Please call me and let me know how I can help you begin the search for the right lender and new home. I look forward to hearing from you!
Beth Gionis
Re/Max
7046096553
Tracy Clay, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Wed Sep 12, 2012
Hello Numbersgurl,

Congratulations on your move to Charlotte! It's a wonderful city to live in. I have a lender who is fantastic! His name is John Smith with New American Mortgage. His number is 704-299-5507 his email is john.smith@newamerican.com Tell him I sent you and he'll take very good care of you. You can reach him at just about any time. He works constantly!

If you need some guidance in looking for your next home, I'd be happy to help you with that. Send my and email or call me and tell me what you are looking for and I'd be happy to send you some listings around town.

Best of Luck!

Tracy Clay
Wilkinson and Associates
704-968-0579
tracyclayhomes@gmail.com
Mechell Harr…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Wed Sep 12, 2012
Hi there,

I would be happy to refer you to a mortgage broker in NC and send you some listings for homes to view.

Mechell Harris
Allen Tate Realtors
704-593-2221
mechell.harris@allentate.com
Abby Nelson, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Wed Sep 12, 2012
Give me a call or email. I can refer you to a great lender.

Abby Nelson
704-890-1860
abbynelson@Bellsouth.net
Debbie and S…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Wed Sep 12, 2012
I have some great lenders that I work with that would love to chat with you about mortgages. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that we can chat. Or visit our website - http://www.PropertiesinCharlotte.com.

Debbie Arriero,
ABR, CRS, e-PRO, SRES, SFR, Realtor/Broker/Owner
Arriero Realty, Inc.
704-451-3895
debbiearriero@gmail.com