Hi, I'm looking for a single family house in Potomac in the hoover, churchill cluster with a nice family neighborhood.

Asked by Lbc, Round Rock, TX Wed Jul 14, 2010

colonial with about 1/3 land. What communities do you recommend that we need to look at? I've heard that fallreach and winterset may fit our needs but looking for other options. And why are fallreach and winterset so popular?

Also, we would need to sell our current house to move. Would you sell it now and buy now or would you wait until next spring since I’ve already missed the summer sell/buy season?

Answers

6
Jonathan Lah…, Agent, Potomac, MD
Mon Jun 13, 2016
hello,

do you still need to buy a home at potomac? we are welcome to help you and assist you what ever you need to process to purchase a home.
Holly Smith, Agent, Potomac, MD
Fri Jan 14, 2011
Hi. If you are still looking to buy in Potomac, please let me know. I'd love to help. My office is very near to the the communities you mentioned above.
Deborah Berg…, , North Potomac, MD
Tue Nov 30, 2010
I am a Realtor in Montgomery County, and I have grown up in the area. I attended Potomac Elementary, Cabin John and Churchill. Depending on your budget, I can recommend good neighborhoods for you. Currently, I live about 5 minutes from Churchill, I love my area. I have an educational background, as I am a former teacher. I use my educational expertise to help my clients. I suggest you give a Realtor in the area your parameters and they show you what is available now. Feel free to contact me: debberger@kw.com
Alex Saenger, Agent, Rockville, MD
Wed Sep 29, 2010
Hi LBC,

First, lets talk about your house in Texas. I would definately put that on the market before buying something up here in Potomac. It may take longer than expected, and you may not neccessarily get the value you hope for out of it. I am currently selling an Estate property in Texas with a great broker (I can make recommendations if you need someone in Texas). That process is taking far longer than anticipated and the value has dropped from where we initially thought the property could sell. Even if you sell quickly, and aren't ready to commit to buy in potomac, you can also rent something in MD before you buy so you can get a feel for the area you are considering and also investigate the schools.

As for Potomac, I do think now is at least the time to start looking and to get a feel for the area. What I always do for my out of town clients is to get them set up with an automatic search that pulls data right from the MLS/MRIS. This is where all the agents enter the property data, and it is the most accurate. Sites like this one are great for helping you get a sense of the area, but many times will have out of date information. I can set you up in about 10 minutes over the phone. You will get automatic emails sent to your inbox so you don't have to hunt around the interenet for listings. You will get all fresh listings as they hit the market and also when a price drop happens to place a property in your price range. This is free and there is no obligation.

Obviously I would love to help you in any way I can to earn your business. Let me know if you are interested and we can get you set up. Just shoot me an email at alex@alexsaenger.com or give me a call on 301.424.8272.

Regardless of your approach, I wish you all the best with your home sale and purchase. It sounds like an exciting time for you.

Alex Saenger
WC&AN Miller Realtors - A Long & Foster Co.
Serving Potomac, Montgomery County & all of Maryland
Part of the Leading Real Estate Companies of the Word Relocation Service
Gerard Dunn, Agent, Chevy Chase, MD
Mon Aug 30, 2010
There are SO many great communities in Potomac. I could recommend many in the price range and school zone.

Try this site for exclusive reviews of Potomac area homes:

http://.www.potomacsecretagent.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http:// http://.www.potomacsecretagent.com

Gerry Dunn
Associate Broker

Serving Maryland, Virginia and D.C
301-651-8600
Courtney Gri…, Agent, Bethesda, MD
Wed Jul 21, 2010
One of the reasons that Fallsreach and Winterset are popular is because they are more affordable areas that attend the schools you are looking for. Depending on your desired price range I could certainly recommend some additional neighborhoods. When it comes to finding the right time to sell/buy it is really all relevant. Yes it is a bit slower for selling now, but you should be able to have greater advantages when buying during this season.

What is the desired timeframe for the move?