Hi I'm looking for a 1-2 br coop around alley pond park under 200k. I'm a college student with no income but

Asked by 1234, Oakland Gardens, Queens, NY Mon Aug 10, 2009

my dad wants to buy me a coop in my name so we can take advantage of the first time home buyer tax credit. I will be living in it. He makes over 100k a year and owns a condo worth over 1 mill (mortgaged) in the city. He would like to make the min down payment, he will be making the monthly payments, and he doesn't mind cosigning if he doesn't get charged the tax later. Coop that allows dogs will be a plus. Please respond only if any of you have a coop whose board will def approve of this situation and know that we will definitely receive the tax credit. Thanks.

Answers

1
June Green, Agent, Round Rock, TX
Thu May 27, 2010
I see this is an old post, however, I will post an answer in case it assists others. Try a "kiddie condo" loan, great way for a parent to help a child purchase a home. Ask a mortgage company for detials.