Hi, I'm an overseas buyer, with no income from the US, and would like to buy a house as an investment around $400K with 30% deposit. Is this possible?

Asked by Toni Satherley, Tracy, CA Thu Jan 30, 2014

Hi, I'm an overseas buyer, with no income from the US, and would like to buy a house as an investment around $400K with 30% deposit. Is this possible? We both have good incomes in australia. Thanks

Answers

11
Sarah G, Home Buyer, Lodi, CA
Sun Feb 2, 2014
It's easy to find a company to loan you money, but much harder to pay off the mortgage debt in a declining market. I suggest CASH only for investment property. the most you will lose, will be a known quantity instead of some interest accruing monster that increases EVERY DAY....when you are awake or asleep...tick tick MORE INTEREST YOU WILL OWE each day that you wait.
Ali Qureshi, Agent, Pleasanton, CA
Tue Apr 8, 2014
You absolutely can as they're loan programs designed for international buyers. Good Luck
what is a good tel. # to contact a loan agent ?
Flag Mon Apr 14, 2014
Robin Leigh, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Sun Feb 2, 2014
Probably you can. This is the type of question which requires more detail and a meeting with a good lender who understands the lending guidelines for foreign purchasers. My team and I just closed a sale recently where the buyers are living in the USA and are from Mexico City. They own another home in Mexico and yet we were able to help them obtain financing with 20% and close in less than 30 days so it is most certainly possible.
Tom Bashe, Agent, Temecula, CA
Sun Feb 2, 2014
Hi Toni

Try Mark Sternberg with Provident Bank (951) 288-4142 Msternberg@myprovident.com - I have referred him dozens of clients & he has never let them down! If this was helpful to you, please click BEST ANSWER & enjoy your day! Tom Bashe l Broker l SCA Real Estate l 951.547.0705 l Tom@SCARealEstate.com
Alleane Tiff…, Agent, Elk Grove, CA
Sun Feb 2, 2014
I highly recommend iMortgage here in Tracy. They are familiar with the local market and have excellent customer service. I've lived in this area for 6 years - it's a great place for families, so don't let some of the other negative posts scare you away.

Ask for Robin Lewis @ iMortgage (209)229-4123. I'd be happy to show you homes when you're ready!
And when you go upside down in a year, post your problems here and I will bid 50 cents on the dollar for you to get rid of it during foreclosure.

Just GOOGLE key words "TRACY", "GANGS:", "ARRESTED" "TRAFFIC DELAYS " and "WIND"...and you will learn about Tracy soon enough. Also check out the school ratings and you will be unpleasantly surprised.
Flag Sun Feb 2, 2014
Sarah G, Home Buyer, Lodi, CA
Sun Feb 2, 2014
Save your money, unless you like to gamble. The local unemployment rate is high and the commute traffic is one of the worst in the country. Do you like WIND and LOTS of WIND? We have all the wind you want. Do you like juvenile gangs? We have them in every flavor. The families who can no longer afford to live in Oakland AKA "Gang Central" move to Tracy because it is more "affordable" not counting the costs ( stress time and money) of a daily 90 minute commute to the Bay area.. When the traffic is really bad , you might have to spend the night in the Bay area instead of driving to Tracy..
I would live in Tracy is I could but it's not the easy to get a green card and the right to live in the USA.
Flag Mon Feb 3, 2014
Okay, and many of us have "very good friends" who live there which begs the question " Why don''t YOU live there?"

30 Gang members arrested in Tracy crackdown.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3GgxJHqE5Q

Why did Tracy prices tank during the bubble and what will happen when mortgage interest increases? NINJA loans are back with a twist and so are Op[ion ARM'S, and very low money down loans. You have FICO? even with no job and you get loan.
Flag Mon Feb 3, 2014
So that is why the house prices in Tracy have been increasing over the past 12 months? I have very good friends there and they love it. We have also spent a bit of time there while holidaying.
Flag Sun Feb 2, 2014
, ,
Fri Jan 31, 2014
Yes. We offer foreign national loans with a valid passport or visa and 20-35% down depending on your situation. Let's discuss your loan scenario in more detail. Contact me at 800 315 8803. My name is Bart and I have been in the mortgage business since 1987. I am happy to answer your mortgage questions, 7 days a week and review your loan scenario. Until then, I look forward to hearing from you.

Bart Gabe - Lending Nationwide Since 1987

http://www.bartprequalifies.com

bart@bartprequalifies.com

800 315 8803

NMLS 20743
It's a little disappointing that false hope is given. I found out that to get 20 to 35% down I needed to spend over $600k!
Flag Sun Jun 29, 2014
Henry Brooks, Agent, Ripon, CA
Fri Jan 31, 2014
Hello there Toni,

Yes this can be done and I have represented a few buyers in the past purchasing from China, Japan and India. Please call/text me @ 209-814-0119 or email me henry@realtorbrooks.com for more details as I would love to help. I am also and investor with 8 properties and 28 tenants, so I am a wealth of information for you;-) Oh, I also have an open house this weekend for a previous Model home in Lathrop Ca @ 329.9K. This home would make a fabulous investment property with just 25-30% down & $150-$200 positive cash flow! See link to the virtual tour below!

http://www.tourfactory.com/1105400

Have a Fabulous Friday! Your Friend & Realtor, Henry Brooks
Web Reference:  http://www.realtorbrooks.com
Robert Hanson, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Olney, MD
Thu Jan 30, 2014
Hi Toni, You likely will have to put a little more than 30% down, however, on a case by case basis I sometimes can get approvals for less down oin your situation. I'm available to help you at your convenience if you wish.

I can do a full underwriting approval ahead of time if need be and I also offer credit score improvement programs for free while we work on your mortgage.

If you like my answer, consider clicking on a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer”

Robert L. Hanson
Gladewater National Bank
First Time Homebuyer Specialist

Direct: 240-752-7549 Cell: 301-651-7822
Email: robertlh66@verizon.net
NMLS# 695929

Rate quote or live chat with me at the link below:
Robert Spino…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Mill Valley, CA
Thu Jan 30, 2014
Toni,

From what I can tell, you'd be considered a foreign national and you could purchase a second home here in the US with 40% down. We'd also have a $300K loan amount minimum, so I am not sure this would work with your plans here. I have included a link to a short video out foreign national loans. Take a look and let me know if you have any questions at all.

Rob Spinosa
rspinosa@rpm-mtg.com
Marge Bennett, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Thu Jan 30, 2014
You would need to find a lender who offers loans foreign buyers. Some require a 40% down payment. Or would your bank in Australia lend on US property? As long as you can pay for it, you are welcome to buy property in the US! If you will be using it as a rental, you will need to get a tax number and pay income tax on that income. Because of that, you may want to take the differing tax structures of the various states. ie many have state income tax as well as federal, some cities, like NYC also have city tax, some like Florida do not have state income tax.
Should you decide to purchase in SW Florida, I would love to help you.
Marge Bennett
RE/MAX Realty Group
Marge@MargeBennett
http://www.SouthFortMyersDreamHomes.com