Hi. I am looking to purchase at the Castilleja Development in Warm Springs district of Fremont.

Asked by Tom, San Jose, CA Sun Aug 17, 2008

Does anyone have any input on the real estate market in Warm Springs district of Fremont? Also, overall, anyone know how the market is going in that particular area as well? thanks

Answers

6
Amanda, Home Buyer, Anywhere
Thu Oct 9, 2008
They are offering 5.5% fixed interest rates on some of their homes if you can put 20% down.
I'm assuming they are paying to bring down the interest rate.
Ws Homeowner, Other Pro, Sunol, CA
Sat Oct 4, 2008
I have lived in Warm Springs for about three years near gable drive. I can smell the garbage smell about 3-4 days of the year. It seems to be getting better, but since your target property is farther south, you might smell it more. If you go to Mcarthy shopping center off of 237 you can smell it many more days and more foul. Not really a big deal, but ask more aound you neighborhood.
Beezee28, Home Buyer, San Jose, CA
Thu Oct 2, 2008
Hi DL,

I have also visitied the development and liked it and am planning to purchase the Maple or Hawthorn in the next phase.I have the following questions:

1. Does the smell from the garbage dump off Dixon Landing reach this area?

2.The other day when we were visiting we could smell the embalming from the cemetery.Is that a regular feature?

3. Where is the guest parking in the complex?Kato road does not allow parking on either side.

Butler, Home Buyer, Warm Springs, Fremont, CA
Wed Sep 24, 2008
We actually called the school district and they said there is no difference whether you buy property in Castilleja or the KB project OR in an existing development. The fact is that warm springs school district is overcrowded and they MAY have to send students to some other school district (regardless of which community you are coming from). Also, NO decision has been taken yet so they cannot give a definitive answer.
Confused, , 94538
Fri Aug 22, 2008
I like them too esp the house 3 and 4. I hear that they are negotiating upgrades but in the next phase they may not be as generous? Let me know if you find out any more info.
J, Both Buyer And Seller, Fremont, CA
Mon Aug 18, 2008
The advantage of Warm Springs is the school district. The schools are great so Warm Springs has held it's value better than other areas. It also doesn't hurt that it's pretty easy to get on 680 and 880 from Warm Springs.