Home Buying in Altadena>Question Details

maya.brooks, Home Buyer in Altadena, CA

Hi, I am looking to do a lease with a purchase option in Altadena, or Pasadena Ca. Any suggestions on how to get started?

Asked by maya.brooks, Altadena, CA Sun Mar 9, 2014

Answers

8
Another way in which I see lease successful lease options are when tenants are already renting a home and circumstances change for the landlord where they want to become sellers. Predominantly the first person they consider are the current tenants of the property due to their track record. If that's not the case, an agent can pull up leases with the criteria in the MLS that allows you to see areas where it would have a lease with an option to buy. If you need assistance in finding those properties, please let me know!

Kind Regards,

Eva Grijalva
(626) 644-9331
EvaGrijalva@remax.net
Feel free to take a look at my website: http://www.EvaSellsProperties.com
& like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EvaGrijalvaRealtor
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 14, 2014
Hello Maya

You have a lot of options . call me at your convenience . I will be happy to answer all your questions . and explain the steps for you

Shahe Seuylemezian
Bre#01400433
Broker
Dream properties inc.
Shahe@shaherealtor.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 9, 2014
Hello Maya,

The first step is to visit your local bank or a mortgage broker to become pre-approved for a home loan. If you are a first time home buyer you may qualify for an FHA loan, please contact a local lender and they will be able to guide you through the loan approval process.

If you have any questions feel free to look at my profile or contact me.

Von
Hi Maya,

If you find a lease with an option to buy in Altadena or Pasadena let me know. I hope you read a posting that I left earlier today for you.

Von
Hi Maya,

Due to the low inventory of homes for sale in Pasadena and Altadena right now , most sellers would probably not entertain a "lease with an option to buy". It may be better for you to lease for now and save for a future down payment on a home. If you do find a seller that is willing to do that go ahead and read this article http://www.realtor.com/home-finance/homebuyer-information/ho…

If I can be of further help feel free to visit my website Von007.com my contact information is there.

I wish you much success!

Thanks!
Von
Sorry, I wish I could tell you different. With house values rising so much, I can't imagine a seller wanting to do a rent to own. Then there is a flip side. You would not want to do a rent to own on a declining market. I just do not hear that it is a good idea either way. They have tons of lending programs with little money down. You would be better off trying to get in the market..=)
HI Sorry to say I would stay away from lease to own. Right now the market is so hot for sellers I don't even know of anyone that is doing it too. The Pasadena area is high priced a for single family homes so a town house or condo would probably be better choice. If You really want a Single family home a fixer is another option, but if you haven't rehabbed a house it can be daunting. Matthew Smith
Yes, Don't. Lease options are rare and typically favorable only to the seller. If the terms aren't met precisely, in most cases anything you paid toward the purchase is gone. If you don't have your credit fixed in time, you lose. If you pay late or run into a problem you lose.
Instead you should find an inexpensive place to rent. Put whatever you can toward repairing your credit. If you can fix it faster than the option would be due on a lease option home, you are free to buy whatever you can find where ever you can afford.