Hi, I am interested in two properties in the Sundale/Blacow neighborhood of Fremont. What's the general opinion of this neighborhood?

Asked by jtang92, Fremont, CA Fri May 10, 2013

Also, both properties are very nice in the inside, but I noticed power lines (i think??) in the backyard hanging pretty low - looks like it's hitting the trees in some pictures. My husband thinks it's an angle issue, but we looked through other districts/neighborhoods of Fremont (in pictures), and did not see the "lines/wires" problem. I'm from SF so I do see the power lines but they are fairly high up and never in your line of vision. I currently live in Santa Clara Rivermark, and have not noticed that issue either. Would anyone be able to comment on this? For me, it's more an aesthetic issue.

Thanks for your comments in advance!

Answers

4
John Juarez, Agent, Fremont, CA
Fri May 10, 2013
Many of the homes in the area of which you speak were built before the modern concept of putting electrical, phone, cable, etc. wires was adapted. It was standard construction to erect wooden poles and string wires between poles and from the poles to the houses. Of course, I am not speaking of high power transmission lines and towers which can also be found in some Fremont neighborhoods.

Aesthetic issue, yes. Safety issue, maybe. You can contact P.G. & E. for more information. http://www.pge.com/en/myhome/customerservice/other/treetrimm…
Joe Patel, Agent, San Ramon, CA
Fri May 10, 2013
I had a listing in this area near sundale/piper st which is close to Blacow rd.I may have listing in a month or two.I believe the area is good.The radiation from power lines is less than you get from microwave and other power source.It's just aesthetic issue as you have mention.You may want to google and find out more detail about power lines and effect on people living close to it.I hope this helps.
Brian Ripp, Agent, Fremont, CA
Fri May 10, 2013
In addition to what Steve mentioned.
I believe the Rivermark complex is newer and newer communities have the power line under ground. Older areas are on poles.

It would be best to visit these homes in person and see for yourself. Some 'power poles' are High Voltage and others are lower voltage carrying power to homes including phone and cable lines.

The area of Sundale and Blacow is nice with nice homes, often updated. Keep in mind there are several elem. schools and two nearby high schools - if schools are an issue, call the school district to confirm the school attendance.

Brian
Steven Ornel…, Agent, Fremont, CA
Fri May 10, 2013
Hi jtang92,

It appears as though you posted a question and then provided a valid answer: "...it's more an aesthetic issue." This simply comes down to personal preference.

Any perceived nuisance (power lines, freeway noise, cell towers, etc.) will take a percentage of possible future buyers out of the picture. For some, these will be a material issue, but for others it will not be a major concern.

-Steve