Hi, I am in thailand. Have dual citizen ship. Moved from CA 5 years ago. Now want to buy a house in San Anselmo CA and get loan. How we do do it?

Asked by meo555, Bolinas, CA Mon Sep 9, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Brian Nguyen’s answer
Brian Nguyen, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Mission Viejo, CA
Mon Feb 24, 2014
Hi there,

Well since you have dual citizen ship there shouldn't be a problem in obtaining a loan. I have given out loans throughout California and I would be more than willing to help you out in your situation.

Well I hope this helps! If you have any further questions or if you need a loan, feel free to contact me. Also, if you found this helpful please leave me a recommendation if you can!

Good Luck!

Brian Nguyen Sr.
Mortgage Banker
NMLS # 659743
Phone: 949.667.2887
0 votes
sundysign, Both Buyer And Seller, Cambridge, MA
Fri Jun 27, 2014
Best thing is to invest in Pattaya Thailand. Visit my website for all our projects at http://www.5stardeveloper.com
0 votes
Jaime Pera, Agent, SAN RAFAEL, CA
Wed Sep 11, 2013
Meo, I have a lot of experience working with people relocating from other areas and do quite a bit of business in San Anselmo. Please feel free to email or call me. I can work with you to create a plan and get you started. I also can put you in touch with excellent lenders to help you get pre-approved for a loan. Look forward to speaking with you.

415 505 7197
0 votes
Robert Spino…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Mill Valley, CA
Tue Sep 10, 2013

I don't know all the answers yet and I can't tell you how we could best help without knowing more. What I can say is that there are two main parts to your eligibility for any loan. They are:

1) Your citizenship status (you've answered this above).
2) The documentation you can produce (income, assets and credit).

When any of us lenders have an opportunity to review the details of both, we could then advise you on your options. Our process is free and does not obligate you and if you need more information, please get in touch at any time.

Rob Spinosa
0 votes
Thierry Abel, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Corte Madera, CA
Mon Sep 9, 2013

You can get financing, we are located in Marin County and I will be delighted to meet with you.

We will require credible documentation for 2 yrs. + year-to-date Income, credit report or alternative credit to demonstrate ‘A’ quality credit worthiness, and seasoned funds in a known financial institution (does not have to be seasoned in a US bank account). Translation of documents may be necessary if the statements from Thailand are not in English.

No Credit required(as you might not have an established credit in the US if you moved to Thailand 5 yrs ago)…but some credit references required – alternate credit from Thailand is okay…international credit reports are also acceptable. (We usually Google the applicant's Country of residence to determine if they have credit reports & tax filing).

We require 2-years income verification history but it is not necessary to have U.S. tax returns (although if you are a US citizen you must have filed U. S tax returns)…Tax documents from country of residence are okay. If Thailand does not require to file the equivalent of tax returns, then we need an employment letter on your company's letter head explaining compensation. If the employment letter is in a language other than English we need to get a statement from a tax preparer or equivalent that can provide evidence of your credentials by translating the documents…it must be on letterhead so that we can verify the company through 3rd party sources.

We must be able to source seasoned assets in a known verifiable worldwide financial institution (i.e., Credit Suisse, HSBC, UBS, Bank of Tokyo)…the funds may not be in an Institution which cannot be verified. The main reason for sourcing the income and assets is for OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control) which monitors foreign countries, regimes, known terrorists, etc.

Power of Attorney (POA) is allowed for a US citizen. Or you can go to an American Consulate to sign and have loan documents notarized.

Feel free to call me to stop by my office in Marin County


Thierry Abel
Senior Loan Consultant
By Referral Only
All California Mortgage, Inc
P: (415) 464-8261
C: (415) 378-7508
F: (415) 464-2367
E: tabel@allcalifornia.com
0 votes
Irina Karan, Agent, Aventura, FL
Mon Sep 9, 2013
You can do it as a foreign national if you stayed away from the country for over 3 years - this is subject to underwriting guidelines of the lender(s) you'd be working with. So, depending on how long you've been away from the US continuously, you could be a foreign national loan candidate.

Usually, LTV (Loan to Value) for such a loan is 70% (or 30% down).
Your employment or self-employment will be verified, as well as assets and international credit report.
It makes sense to work with a mortgage broker, who has many lenders to work with.
A large bank usually is less lenient in terms of their guidelines and requirements for supporting documentation. So, as upfront as to what exactly you'll need to provide as your income proof.

If you have been coming and going in and out of the country, you could get a loan as a U.S. resident/citizen - again, subject to the particular situation and lender(s)' guidelines.

Hope this helps,

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
0 votes
Mary Kay and…, Agent, San Rafael, CA
Mon Sep 9, 2013
You will first need to talk to a mortgage broker regarding your situation & your income. We can recommend a good mortgage broker to you. Once you have the loan arranged, we can send you properties that fit your minimum criteria in San Anselmo. We are very familiar with San Anselmo, and we preview new listings weekly as well as run reports daily for new listings, reduced price listings & listings that have come back on the market. Let us know how we can help!!
0 votes
Vance & Anna…, , San Anselmo, CA
Mon Sep 9, 2013
Hi Meo, Call us right away, We have all the answers for you. We live in San Anselmo, work in San Anselmo, and help people buy in San Anselmo. 415-459-5900.
0 votes
Daniel Neben…, Agent, Mill Valley, CA
Mon Sep 9, 2013
I specialize helping people make international and regional moves in and out of Marin County. I have a proven team in place that can provide financing and logistics for all facets of a move. I can send you my guide with team contacts to simplify your relocation process. My cell is 415.497.8864. I have references available. when can we schedule a time to discuss you specific needs?
Best regards,
0 votes
I can help you for that kind of business. check out my website at http://www.5stardeveloper.com and hope we can do good business together,
Flag Fri Jun 27, 2014
Claudia Mull…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Fremont, CA
Mon Sep 9, 2013
Meo555: There is definitely a loan for you.
We can base upon your income and or your portfolio value.
We will need a minimum of 30% down for this product.

You may contact me at: cgravelle@divmg.com.
0 votes
Alexander Gr…, Agent, San Jose, CA
Mon Sep 9, 2013
I can certainly help you out. You can call me at 408-352-5147 or email me at AGreer@themortgageoutlet.com. You can check us out at http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com. I will look at your situation and present you with some options.

Alex Greer
NMLS #1056079
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in San Anselmo Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more