Hi, How do you terminate a buyers/brokers agreement if you are not satisfied ? Please advise. Thanks.

Asked by CoCo, 30022 Sat Apr 12, 2008

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Leanne Smith, , 95247
Sat Apr 12, 2008
I would contact the agent and or his broker and ask to terminate your agreement.
good luck
agent-Leanne Smith
1 vote
Randy Ballard, , 30076
Sat Apr 12, 2008
Check your contract. Do call. But make sure you Put IT IN WRITING, per your contract.
Web Reference:  http://www.randyballard.com
1 vote
Pete Harper, , Grove City, OH
Sat Apr 12, 2008
I would contact the agent and say you want out ot the agreement. I would also ask for a copy of the release to be faxed to you. If the agent isn't coopertive I would then ask the broker for the release. I would get a copy so that there in no confusion in the future. Good luck !
1 vote
RCWessel & A…, , 60525
Sat Apr 12, 2008
What does the agreement say? Follow those terms and you should have no problem.
1 vote
Alan May, Agent, Evanston, IL
Sat Apr 12, 2008
Contact the agent and his broker with your dissatisfaction. Do so calmly, and logically, and have any documentation of your complaints ready in writing.

The broker may want to attempt to keep you within the firm/office... think about that in advance, are you interested in staying within the office (you may have to see this current agent coming and going... will it be awkward??), or she may be totally apologetic, and willing to release you.

If she does release you, get the release in writing.
1 vote
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more