Hi, How do I find listings online for rent-to-own condos/co-ops in Astoria/LIC area of NYC?

Asked by N. Waters, 11104 Sun May 17, 2009

Does Trulia offer the rent-to-buy option?

Answers

5
Aj Zaki, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Sun May 17, 2009
Contact a local realtor and he or she will be gladly willing to help you.
Good Luck
A.J.Zaki
Peter Mouzak…, , 11105
Fri Dec 20, 2013
'Rent-to-Own' in Astoria is difficult to find. However I have seen this happening in certain occasions at the Barclay Garden Condominiums in East Elmhurst (which neighbors Astoria). In certain cases tenants move in as renters and after a year or two they end up asking the owner if he/she are selling their property and end up agreeing on a sale transaction.
Nick Sakalis, Agent, Syosset, NY
Mon Jun 11, 2012
Rent to Own is not a very popular option in the Astoria/LIC but it is occasionally used. Part of the problem is many owners do not know that it can be an option. In addition, I believe many Agents/Brokers do not know how to execute that kind of a deal and steer away from it. As a buyer you do not have the same amount of inventory available, that you would in rental or the sales of units. You can however use that inventory and bring up the question. It comes down to asking for the option and how present it to the current owner. It must benefit the owner just as much as it would to the seller. If you are still in the market for such a property, please contact me and I can help you put together a strategy.
Joseph Hasti…, Agent, Bayside, NY
Tue Jun 28, 2011
Hi N. With all due respect to Mr. Zaki, your request will be difficult to find. Many homeowners want to keep the benefit of the various tax deductions they enjoy as owners. Finding a home to rent will be difficult enough. Add the lease option and I would think the possibilities will dwindle rapidly. Good luck with your search.
Sandeep Shri…, Agent, Little Neck, NY
Mon May 18, 2009
Hi N. Waters, I live in Astoria and have sold many condo's in the area. But I mostly get involved in sales. To find something to rent to own only is tough to find. I would be happy to help you in your search for condo's in LIC/Astoria. To start with you can go on my site at realtor1.listingbook.com and get yourself a FREE acount and start searching. After you find something you like to see simply call me and I will be happy to show it to you. If you want to contact me you may e-mail me at sshrivastav@laffey.com. Good Luck !!