vaio60, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

Hi , How can a non-US Citizen buy & own a Residential lots in LA ? Without an LLC since the objective is to build a Privet home .

Asked by vaio60, Los Angeles, CA Mon Sep 23, 2013

Answers

13
Very possible to do so and you don't need an LLC. You can create one if you like, you don't need to be a US citizen. I work with many international clients, so please feel free to contact me anytime.

Julie Kryukova
310.402.8181
http://www.juliekproperties.com
jkryukova@gmail.com
You can buy a lot without an LLC, and there are no restrictions on Non-US citizens buying land but you will likely have to pay cash as US lenders will not let you borrow for that.
Web Reference: http://www.neladigs.com
Many non citizens buy property in the US. For buying vacant land you will most likely have to pay cash.

Much success to you!

Kawain Payne, Realtor
As the other agents have mentioned, there are no real restrictions on non-US citizens when it comes to purchasing land. However, it can be a tricky path. One of my specializations, in addition to being a realtor and designer, is International Relocation. After working with about 40 clients from all over the world and listening to a handful of them who tried to do it on their own at first, I strongly suggest you work with a professional. If you are still looking to buy in the next 2 months, please feel free to get in contact with me.

In general, for those interested, here is some NON-LEGAL (ie. I am not a legal professional.) suggestions:
1) Make sure there are no restrictions in your home country for buying real estate in the US.
2) Make sure you are working with a trusted real estate professional and/or attorney.
3) Consider other expenses you may incur when considering your budget such as property taxes, maintenance, HOA fees, insurance and utilities.
4) Before purchasing real estate, you should consult with an immigration attorney in the United States. Owning real estate does not guarantee any type of visa or citizenship in the US.
5) Make sure you work with someone who knows the entire city of Los Angeles quite well. Understanding the different neighborhoods in relation to your needs will help alleviate the overwhelming feeling of deciding where to buy in Los Angeles.

hey i am navin currently residing in india mumbai. planning to shift to LA for better future in live good life, currently tring to know if i can buy a residence in LA as a non residence of USA.. please do guide me friends if any thing i can know from ur side naveenrohra@gmail.com. would be a great help thanks
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 24, 2014
Just like everyone else. You make an offer and you show the money.
Work with an agent, you will be less frustrated and you will be more likely to find what you want.
Non US citizens purchase property here all the time. As others have said, you do not have to be a citizen to purchase property in the US.
You do not need to be a citizen to buy real estate in the US. But lenders view lending to non-citizens as high risk so getting a mortgage to buy is the problem. Lot usually require a big down payment anyway, expect to pay a very high right.
A non US citizen would buy and own real estate the same way a US citizen would. There are no restrictions on non citizens or even non residents buying or owning real estate. The only dificulty could be in financing but if you are paying cash, it would be as easy as for any American citizen. If you are not planning on paying cash, there are lenders who finance purchases by non residents, and newly arrived immigrants. However, if you plan to develop these vacant properties, you will need construction loans unless you plan to pay cash for the development. A lender making a construction loan would require that loan to be in first position which means you would have to pay cash to buy the land or have the seller carry the financing with a subordination clause so the subsequent construction loan could be in first position.
Cash is King!!!
A loan would be difficult and if they have more than one offer on the property in question you may lose on getting the deal. You would also have much less carrying costs...You then possibly could get a construction loan??? Not quite sure....

I am an expert in Flips.. You can count on me to give you my honest opinion on land or tear down...

I know the West Side and Los Angeles, I was born here!
Yes you can purchase land/home in us as non resident.
I work with many foreign investors and assisting them with the proces.
If you like to share your phone # I'll be more than happy do go over the details with you on a phone.
Regards
Nadia Villarreal
323-702-8577
Vaio,

If you are looking to finance the purchase, we have loans for non US Citizens.
Otherwise, if it is all cash - there should be no impediments to the ownership.

Mario Pinedo, CCIM
Mortgage Banker
CS Financial
http://www.HomeLoans.LA
http://www.HouseLoansLosAngeles.com
http://www.CondoLoansLosAngeles.com
BRE Broker 01118365
NMLS 1029116
Office 424-249-7434
Cell 415-269-6249
mpinedo@csfinancial.com
Web Reference: http://www.HomeLoans.LA
Mario Pinedo,…, Real Estate Pro in Cupertino, CA
If you're buying the land with all cash there shouldn't be an issue. More challenges to get a loan.
Please contact me directly for more information.
Susan@SusanBour.com
Realtor/Coldwell Banker