Hi Everyone, All suggestions please ! Selling in Boston. Parents own in Glades. Have place for Dec. Need housing near them for Jan 1st. (see details)

Asked by Harmyk, Boston, MA Fri Nov 1, 2013

Me: 40s, single, no kids..seeking work @ home place to rent or better yet RTO. No cat, yet. Prefer villa or home, at worst 1st floor, in a younger community. Seeking great rate for great tenant with cash looking to buy. 6mnth lease OK. 1 year if perfect. If RTO, must be investment worthy. Would love swim spa or pool for ankle rehab. Musts: cable, near Glades Blvd. Wish list: 1,200sq , 2 den, spacious open plan, garage, kitchen w/prep space, high ceilings, outdoor space or lanai, privacy, serenity, social opportunities, fitness center or space in house, cat OK, and billiards. Flexible on all, if 6mths or less @ reasonable price. Golf and tennis are not a focus at this time. It can be unfurnished! Agent response - give assistance with FL single home costs not rolled into HOA fees. Spread sheet comparisons as well as neighborhood comps (rent/buy) are expected. Long term property potential appreciated, for long term relationship. Love to hear from owners as well!!!!

Answers

3
Nancy Jaynes, Agent, Naples, FL
Sat Nov 2, 2013
Hi D

You might think your situation is common but if timing was during offseason months, it may work out better for you. You might want to consider a dedicated, trusted Realtor to work closely together and you may be able to find what you're looking for now instead of later.

It sounds like you have some awareness of Naples, since your parents live in the Glades. That's a plus. And seems like you have a good sense for what you would like in a home, location, and community. All positive. So would it be worth just doing some work in advance now with a Realtor -- and then look in Dec when you are down here?

Consider also that prices are increasing. And it's forecasted to increase even more rapidly as we get into season months. So it may be beneficial for you to buy sooner than later. And plus then you could avoid challenges of finding an owner willing to rent during prime season months at lower rent amounts and at a property that is a perfect match for your investment desires.

I'd anticipate you'd be able to get a nice home up to 260k in cash. I have listings that match your desires. I'm sure I could find others too. But my owners are looking to sell now and not likely to rent. If it were a Buyers market and listings were not selling rapidly, then they may be open to renting. But sales are incredibly strong, and stronger than in years.

I just had a couple moving from MA who didn't know the market. We worked together to get to know their desires and I set them up on a free service I offer my customers that allowed them to identify homes they like, and to also get a good sense for the market over a short period of time. The result was they were just here for 1 week and bought their home for 850k. Surely that shows it must have worked to instill high confidence. I think they'd be happy to talk to you about their experience. I'm sure they'd have glowing testimonials.

In the meantime, I can see if I can find anything that may work to fit your desires for RTO in a good investment potential.

Please send me an email. I can send you anything I find -- and set you up for that free service I mentioned. I look forward to hearing from you and helping you find your home near your parents in the Glades.

Best regards
Nancy

Nancy Jaynes, Realtor "I Find What You're Looking For"
Multi-Award Winning Top Producer
Premiere Plus Realty Co 370 12th Ave S Naples FL 34102
Direct: 239-821-3789
Email: NEJaynes@hotmail.com
Daniel Barto, Agent, Naples, FL
Fri Nov 1, 2013
I would be happy to help but confused exactly what you are looking for. Rent or purchase? Price point?
I can email you specific results once I have the details.
You can email me by following the link below or by clicking on my picture to my Trulia profile.
Either way, best of luck with the transition from Boston to Naples!

Danny Barto
Web Reference:  http://GalleonProperties.com
Danny - sorry about neglecting price point! Once again this depends on the property's investment value. Immediate small scale?....rental around 1,200/MTh to be included in down payment of something under 260,000, This is my comfort place right now. If it's an awesome investment, I am certainly open to entertaining a higher price point. This will be my "starter" property until I have more confidence in what I'm buying.
Hope this helps.
D
Flag Fri Nov 1, 2013
Danny - You;ve hit the nail on the head...I don't know what's possible since I am unacquainted with the particulars of the market. I have searched online for a month and now all fades to black. I'm looking for a person or agent to present creative solutions to what I think is a pretty common housing dilemma.
My thoughts? I have cash. I am looking for a grey spot in Naples advertising. Everything is listed as black or white, buy or rent. My rental options seem to consist of either annual or over priced vacation price points. I plan to buy within a year which is why I'm hesitant to commit to a full years rental. I'm pretty convinced that come May/June I will be able to make a final decision. So working with the details I've provided, find me something that meets my criteria so I can buy what I'm renting. think outside the box!
Looking forward to your response!
D
Flag Fri Nov 1, 2013
Rich Homer, Agent, NAPLES, FL
Fri Nov 1, 2013
If your buying call us. Toll-free 855.6275376. http://www.NaplesRealEstateGuys.com