Hi, Can I get a home loan for about 50k or less, I filed bankruptcy last year due to a car accident. I make 60k a yr. Kept my rental lease& car note.

Asked by Cairamix, Detroit, MI Wed Mar 19, 2014

Answers

3
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Wed Mar 19, 2014
Caira,
Probably not, but only a lender can say for sure. It will depend on the type of BK, your level of re-established credit and the specific type of loan. In most cases it will take a minimum of 2 years, but like everything there are exceptions. A great lender will be able to review things with you and not only let you know if you qualify, but if you don't they will help you qualify sooner through the specific steps you may need to take to put your past behind you quickly.
Caira,
You may not be able to get a traditional mortgage, but if you are working and have money for a down payment, you could get a land contract, which is a seller financed deal. If you are interested in exploring that option, feel free to contact me. I would be happy to discuss this with you further and answer any questions you may have. My cell is 313-903-8716. I look forward to hearing from you soon!
Flag Sat Apr 12, 2014
Gwendolyn We…, Agent, St Clair Shores, MI
Mon Apr 6, 2015
Good morning -

I work with a lender that have several different programs that have different requirements including bankruptcies, defaults and judgments that is less than 2 years. If you have at least $5000 cash a land contract would be a great option for reaching your goal in becoming a home owner. Please contact me via my email address at gwest@kw.com or at http://gwest.yourkwagent.com. I would love to provide you with the lender I work with who has helped others get bank approval and I would love to help you find that perfect home for your family. I believe all things are possible and I think you are a great candidate to buy a home. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Nesahn Robin…, Agent, SOUTHFIELD, MI
Thu Jun 19, 2014
I'm sorry I dont know any lending company that will give a mortgage to anyone with a bankruptcy
a year ago. Go to a credit repair company, I've seen people get approved after three years.