Hey there -- I'm looking to start a journey in real estate investing - ranging from rental properties to properties that I can turnaround and

Asked by Wes Talman, Chapel Hill, NC Thu Nov 15, 2012

sell. Again, I'm just starting out but do have an idea of the property types that would be most suitable for me. I'm looking to build a long term relationship with a realtor who is prepared and willing to guide me, someone who knows the area, and who has experience and patience in working with, educating, and new/novice investors.

Answers

7
Todd Neal, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Mon Nov 26, 2012
Wes

In addition to being a broker with Coldwell Banker HPW, I am and have been an investor for over ten years. I handle many of the foreclosures that come through Coldwell Bankler HPW and have assisted many of my investor clients buy, renovate, hold or flip. And I property manage many those properties too.

It is about the numbers so having good analysis and projection tools is vital. Simple CAP rate is not enough in this complex envirnment. I have developed and tools to evaluate opportunities and would be happy to talk at your convenience.

TODD NEAL
Broker/Consultant,
Coldwell Banker HPW
919.358-3662
todd11@aol.com
http://www.toddneal.com

MOVE SMARTER
Adam Dickins…, Agent, Durham, NC
Thu Nov 15, 2012
ToHi Wes,

I'm a Duke MBA with real estate development and construction experience. I have guest lectured on real estate development and economics at both Duke and UNC. I excel at finding opportunities and then bringing together investors, builders, and designers to create beautiful and profitable renovations. I often then find the buyer before to project is even complete. If you'd like to grab a coffee and chat. I'd be happy to help get you started in real estate investing.
My NC Homes…, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Thu Nov 15, 2012
Wes,

I've got the experience your looking for and would be happy to sit down with you and start educating you on real estate investing. If you're interested in finding out more about me, you can either Google my name or check out my profile here on Trulia.
Vivian Olkin, Agent, Carrboro, NC
Thu Nov 15, 2012
Hi Wes,

In addition to being a REALTOR® , I'm an investor. I sold 2 of my properties over the last 2 years, have 3 left. The only reason I don't buy more: my husband won't let me! More important, I work with a particular contractor who does rehab work for investors. Especially in Durham, there are many properties that need updating and work. I am not talking about cheapo updating just to get someone into the house, but very nice work that is up to today's standards.

The way I look at location and condition is how comfortable would I feel having my daughter live there. If it passes that test, it is good to go.

The Triangle is flooded with investors, many of whom have moved in from elsewhere. It means the competition can be fierce. You need to have your strategy pretty clear, be able to make fairly quick decisions, and have your financing lined up.

My strength is location, choosing the best locations.

Vivian Olkin, aka CrazyViv
919-624-5479
Web Reference:  http://crazyvivhomes.com
Thanks for replying Vivian (can I call you "Crazy Viv" ... Again, I'm just now getting my feet wet but I'm looking for investors who are wholesaling properties in our area (to start) ...
Flag Thu Nov 15, 2012
James Pearce, , Durham, NC
Thu Nov 15, 2012
Hi Wes,

I'd be glad to work with you. I can answer any questions you might have about our market and help you determine the right approach for developing an investment portfolio.

I have worked with numerous first time and experienced investors and also specialize in short sales and bank-owned properties which can offer excellent investment opportunities.

I'm a former real estate attorrney and a certified mediator with a wide variety of experience in all aspects of real estate.

I work with Team Jodi Realty which is a full service boutique brokerage serving the Triangle area. We also have a property management group that is perfect for investors. Check out our website at http://www.teamjodi.com.

Jim Pearce, JD, CDPE, Broker
919-672-1035
Thanks for replying Jim ... Again, I'm just now getting my feet wet but I'm looking for investors who are wholesaling properties in our area (to start) ...
Flag Thu Nov 15, 2012
Kevin Cohan, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Thu Nov 15, 2012
Wes,

I'd be happy to help you.

What's your primary goal with the investment properties: cash flow, building equity, income tax savings or appreciation? I know, all of the above, but did you have one more pressing aspect over the others?

Kevin

Kevin Cohan
Broker/Realtor®
Franklin St. Realty
1525 E Franklin Street
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919-612-7691
kevywan@gmail.com
Thanks for replying Kevin ... Again, I'm just now getting my feet wet but I'm looking for investors who are wholesaling properties in our area (to start) ...
Flag Thu Nov 15, 2012
June Yates, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Thu Nov 15, 2012
You've certainly come to the right market. If you'd like to take a look at my listing at 205 Forsyth Drive, email or call me. It would make a good rental property and has been nicely updated by the current owner.