Help with Forclosures and Short Sales in Center City and surrounding areas.

Asked by 63schoefflin, Philadelphia, PA Tue Aug 7, 2012

I am currently looking at 3 bedroom houses in Center City and the surrounding areas but I can not get any info on these as I have to sign up for RealtyTrac. If anyone could help point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.


Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Irina Karan, Agent, Aventura, FL
Tue Aug 7, 2012
You can get auto updates from your agent - on all 3br houses in the area of interest that are short sales or foreclosures. You'll see them the moment they are on the system.
There is so much that you need to know when dealing with short sales and foreclosures - it's better have a pro specializing in them helping you.

When picking a pro, ask if they are CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Experts) or REO Specialists.

Hope this helps,

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
0 votes
Larry Lichtm…, Agent, Bala Cynwyd, PA
Tue Aug 7, 2012

You may be wasting too much time trying to use Realty Trac to find a house.

Once the bank forecloses, it will be listed as an REO sale with a broker and listed for sale in the MLS.

Your best bet is to find a knowledgeable, experienced agent who you will feel comfortable working with. Please feel free to call me if you would like professional help. It's a good idea to have your own Buyer's Agent who will protect your best interests.

All the best,
Larry Lichtman, CNE
REALTOR, Property Manager
Your Real Estate Resource For Life
Cell/Text: (267) 254-7994

Real Estate Sales, Management & Insurance
1611 Snyder Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19145
Office: (215) 271-7070
0 votes
Kathleen She…, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Tue Aug 7, 2012
Foreclosures and short sales which are actually for sale are listed on the MLS. Find an agent in your area to work with you to find the property that you want. You don't need to subscribe to Realty Trac.
0 votes
Timothy Garr…, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Tue Aug 7, 2012
Hi, 63schoefflin.

I do not want to "bad mouth" Realty Trac, as I have worked with plenty of buyers in the past who did not gain anything from subscribing to it; but I will say that the best way to find any home for sale (e.g. regular sale, foreclosure sale, short sale, etc.) is to work with your own Buyer Agent.

As a buyer, you have the opportunity of choosing an agent to work with who will represent your interests only. This agent can send you listings, set up showings, negotiate offers, and much more. The best part is, if you do find a home that you want to purchase, your Buyer Agent will get paid by the seller; not you.

I just helped one of my clients purchase a foreclosure home yesterday. If you would like to see what I can do to help you out, all of my information is below.


Timothy M. Garrity | REALTOR®
U S Spaces, Inc. | #RS314897
267-879-2716 - Call & Text
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more