Keripc, Home Buyer in 11560

Help!! Anyone know about the colonial on Magnolia Place in Glen Head?

Asked by Keripc, 11560 Mon Jul 21, 2008

It has an awesome pool, a great porch, nice yard -- but will all that outdoor living be interrupted by the noise/smell/commotion from the Dunkin Donuts on the corner?

Answers

4
Morgan Fisch…, Agent, Glen Head, NY
Tue Jan 28, 2014
Dunkin Donuts really do not cook anything anymore. All the food and donuts are pre prepared off site and delivered. They use microwaves and small oven to reheat so I wouldn't be worried about the smells. As far as the train, that line doesn't have the traffic of others and can actually be quite quaint. The street is also well in from where the tracks are, with other homes acting as a buffer.
Kristine Liv…, , Sea Cliff Glen Head
Thu Jul 31, 2008
I live in close proximity to that neighborhood.

The house, pool and yard are really nice for the price. A similar house no where near Dunkin Donuts of the train would go for hundreds of thousands more. It's a toss up.
Lawrence&She…, Agent, Plainview, NY
Fri Jul 25, 2008
We had a customer that did not want us to show them any home where they might be interrupted by noise and they ended up buying a home where the Long Island Railroad train tracks run directly behind their house!
Gail Gladsto…, Agent, 11743, NY
Mon Jul 21, 2008
Why not stop by there at various times and check it out for yourself.

From someone who said they would never live near a connecting road, my bedroom is right at the street. After the first couple of days, I never heard any traffic again.
Web Reference:  http://GailGladstone.com