Hello we are looking to buy in the New Paltz are, our budget is about 300K...which are the more better more popular neighbourhoods for buying?

Asked by Chandra, New York, NY Mon Feb 3, 2014

Answers

9
allan erps,A…, Agent, Pearl River, NY
Mon Aug 25, 2014
Hello Chandra, my son lives in New Paltz & I am less than an hour away but have all the MLS listings available to me.. Please let me know your email & send it to mine allan.erps@randrealty.com for all available properties instantly! You can also reach me most anytime at (845-304-3040 cell). Welcome you to check my Trulia Profile as well. Look forward to your reply. Allan
Nicole Breit…, Agent, Princeton, NJ
Tue Jul 15, 2014
Hi Chandra,
Our house is for sale--its at $399k but we have a rental house on the property with tenants who have rented for several years who want to stay that can work to reduce your mortgage payment. Check it out here: http://www.trulia.com/property/3134915878-560-562-State-Rout…

Nicole Breitman
Donna Scragg, Agent, Rye, NY
Thu May 1, 2014
HI Again,

P.S. I've been following a few homes in the area myself in that price range, so if you want to call me to discuss or send me your email, I would be happy to share more detailed info on the current market.
Donna Scragg, Agent, Rye, NY
Thu May 1, 2014
I live in Westchester now but graduated from New Paltz years ago. I love the area and never stopped going up. I owned a Bakery in town in the 80's and moved to Westchester when married. I know the towns, roads and best scenic spots like the back of my hand.

If you want to learn more about the whole community or want to see homes one day, let me know, I'm always up for a drive to my favorite place on earth.

PS I'm moving back myself next year!

Serious inquires only though. Are you pre-approved ?
Frank Macagn…, Agent, Stone Ridge, NY
Thu Apr 10, 2014
Hi Chandra- New Paltz is a great community with lots of offer and great proximity to NYC. Call me so I can understand more what you are looking for. I would love to take you out and show you some homes. My cell number is 646-351-7521. I live both in the city on the upper west side and in the New Paltz area. Looking forward to hearing from you!
Kim Squillace, Home Buyer, Holmes, NY
Wed Mar 19, 2014
Hi Chandra,

I live in NP and my neighbor is selling his house. There are two two bedroom apartments and a garage under both. You can call me for information if you are interested. Live in one side, rent the other. Great as a summer home base. 845-437-5202. Kim
Judy.black, Home Buyer, New Paltz, NY
Fri Feb 28, 2014
Hi Chandra, while I'm sure you will find just the right realtor to help you in your home search, you may also want to think about getting pre-approved for financing. A mortgage pre-approval will let you shop with the assurance that you are looking in the right price range, and will also have you ready to make an offer as soon as you find the right home. As a local loan officer with Citizens Bank, I'm very familiar with the characteristics of lending in the upstate NY environment, and would also be available to work closely with your realtor and your attorney once you are ready to make your purchase. Feel free to contact me for additional mortgage information. I'm available weekends too for your convenience.

Judy Black

NMLS ID # 697523

Mortgage Loan Officer

Citizens Bank
273 Wall Street
Kingston NY 12401

845-532-1297
Barbara Cart…, Agent, New Paltz, NY
Mon Feb 3, 2014
Hello Chandra
New Paltz is a wonderful community and very popular. The neighborhoods depend on what you are looking for. The village, rural areas, and development settings are all a part of this college town. When you consider New Paltz also include other communities such as Gardiner, Highand and Clintondale.
I would be happy to introduce you to our beautiful area in the Hudson ValleyI
Barbara Carter
Quinn Realty Group
845-505-3160
And the little village of milton, ny in the apple orchards!

great
spa here too. Buttermilk falls
Flag Mon Feb 17, 2014
Ken Wishnick, Agent, New Paltz, NY
Mon Feb 3, 2014
Hi Chandra,

There are very few offerings in the Village these days, particularly if you wish
to be away from student rental houses.

I strongly suggest that you search by which homes are available and engage
a knowledgeable Realtor who lives in the community to advise on the local
factors concerning each property.

In my experience as a New Paltz Realtor, I am seeing a slow shift from a buyer's
market to a seller's market. If you wait until Spring, I suspect the competition
for available homes will increase.

Kenneth Wishnick, Associate Broker
Century 21 Venables Realty
203 Main St.
New Paltz, NY 12561
(845) 750-6270 Direct
(845) 255-6163x302 Office
ken@century21newpaltz.com