Home Buying in San Antonio>Question Details

Lara9751, Home Buyer in San Antonio, TX

Hello my wife and I are looking into buying a rental property for the first time. What is less risky single family, or multi family property.?

Asked by Lara9751, San Antonio, TX Thu Dec 26, 2013

Mutli-family homes can be a great investment opportunity. Here is a list of multi-family properties:

Johnny E. Williams
Mission Real Estate Group
Direct (210) 858-7899
My family owns a variety of single famy and multi family. I know if a multi that just came available in new braunfels. It's a hot market and the duplex is a great investment. I can assist you with the offer if you like.

Paul Stanfill
US Army Retired
Keller Williams heritage
Hello Lara9751, I think that both unit types have pros and cons. Single family homes tend to be easier to rent and cheaper than multi-family. However the downside to single family homes is that in the event that there is a vacancy, the landlord is holding the mortgage without any income coming in. Multi-family homes can be more expensive, but there is always redundancy on the income. Are you interested in investing in Austin or only in San Antonio? I specialize in working with investors and here in Austin we simply do not have enough rental homes available for people that want them. If you would like to speak about this, please contact me at 512-693-9297 or jordan.gouger@kw.com. If you have some time, please read the web reference. I am working on a comprehensive how-to-guide about purchasing rental properties. Jordan Gouger Realtor Keller Williams
How exciting! We own 2 rental properties here in San Antonio- both single family homes. We prefer this because our tenant seem to have longer leases than a typical multi family home. If you need help finding a property, I would love to help you with that! Additionally, you can go to my website (below my name) and you can find up to date listings for every home for sale in San Antonio.

Sandy Mushinski
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 27, 2013