Hello.. I'm looking to buy a vacation property in the U.S (Fort Lauderdale) to spend a few months out of the year but I'm a non permanent resident..

Asked by Paofranco11, Fort Lauderdale, FL Thu Oct 4, 2012

I live and reside in Uruguay.. What would I need to start the process, and how long would it take?? Thanks so much in advance..

Answers

13
David Silverman’s answer
David Silver…, Agent, Plantation, FL
Tue Oct 9, 2012
Buenos Dias Pao,

Gracias por visitar al website, http://www.trulia.com. Espero que has descubrido que es una buena manera de aprendar el mercado de propiedades en Fort Lauderdale.

Quiero responder a sus preguntas y tengo mas informacion sobre las propiedades en Ft. Lauderdale. A su conveniencia, por favor, responde a este email or llamame a 954-536-1561. Me gustaria assistarle en la manera mas efectivo para usted.

Hemos trabajado con varias clientes en su misma situacion con mucho exito. Mi companera vivio en Uruguay y seria un placer ayudarles a encontrar su casa deseable aqui. Podemos preparar la informacion y tenerlo todo preparado y listo para su proxima visita aqui.

Gracias por dejarnos ayudarle a encontrar su casa en Ft. Lauderdale. Estamos muy orgulloso de trabajar con usted.

Saludos,

David Silverman
Realtor, Sales Associate
DavidFTLre@gmail.com
954-536-1561

Office:
1801 N. Pine Island Rd, Suite 210
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33322
marc jablon, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Mon Oct 8, 2012
Foreign nationals are able to purchase US properties very easily. If you're looking for a home in Fort Lauderdale, and you are purchasing for cash, the entire process may take as little as thirty days.

Tell your Fort Lauderdale real estate agent what you are looking for. Once he or she has located properties that appeal to you, visit them and make an offer for the one you want.

If you are planning to use a mortgage to purchase, you may want to speak to a local mortgage broker who is able to arrange loans for foreign nationals. Email to preston@prestonware.com if you need to speak to a mortgage broker.

If you wish to look into visa requirements or permanent residence, then you will want to speak to an immigration attorney.

Marc Jablon, The Jablon Team
RE/MAX Complete Solutions
JablonTeam@gmail.com
561-213-6139
http://www.JablonTeam.com

To find homes in Fort Lauderdale, go to this site:
Meir Aloni, Agent, Plantation, FL
Mon Oct 8, 2012
Anyone can buy USA real estate (you do not have to be a citizen of the USA).
The length of the buying process will depend on the way you will buy: all cash or will you need a loan/mortgage?
If you need a mortgage, you can contact Lisa Rioux at 561-400-9478 or FastMortgages4U@Gmail.com. She owns the mortgage company and can assist you with the loan.

Meir Aloni & Team
CRS (Certified Residential Specialist)
CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert)
RECS (Real Estate Cyberspace Society)

Successfully selling Broward County since 1986!

Direct phone# 954-338-5220

All Star Realty Inc.
Abu Musa, Agent, New York, NY
Fri Oct 5, 2012
You may talk to a Immigration lawyer and a mortgage banker to see your options are.
Chad Gray, Agent, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Fri Oct 5, 2012
Paofranco11,

If you are not planning to pay cash for your new Fort Lauderdale vacation home, I recommend that you first consult with a mortgage broker. There are specific rules that apply to non-residents. We have a super mortgage broker in our office that can help you. Following is her information:

Sandra Morales, Senior Loan Officer
Sunbelt Lending Service
Direct: (954) 467-8537
Fax: (856) 917-2618
Email: smorales@sunbeltlending.com

Your next step is to work with a terrific Fort Lauderdale Realtor! The Fort Lauderdale real estate market is unique, so an agent that does not specialize in this area may know where to look to find your perfect vacation home.

The entire process can take as little as 30 days if you are getting a loan and as little as two weeks if you are paying cash.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like more information!

Chad Gray PA, Realtor
Luxury Living Fort Lauderdale
Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate
754-300-6040

100% of clients rated our service as "excellent"! Read their testimonials: http://luxurylivingfortlauderdale.com/what-clients-are-saying/
Fort Lauderd…, , Fort Lauderdale, FL
Thu Oct 4, 2012
This is simple, we work with international buyers all the time. Take a look at our listings and let us know the parameters of your search!
Barkin Gilman…, Agent, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Thu Oct 4, 2012
Congratulations on your choice. Fort Lauderdale is an excellent area. Please peruse our listings or contact us for a consultation. We specialize in Fort Lauderdale Luxury Real Estate.
Web Reference:  http://www.barkingilman.com/
James Furlong, Agent, Brookline, MA
Thu Oct 4, 2012
Fort Lauderdale is a great choice. Many friends from Boston have moved there in the last few years and I love to visit there. The last few years offered a great buying opportunity, but it is still very good value for your buying $$.
Ryan Hanrahan, Agent, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Thu Oct 4, 2012
The process would vary on a few factors including if there is financing required, association approval, etc. There are also different types of properties that you can take advantage of short term use with the ability to rent out when not in use to offset your expenses. To discuss your specific needs more please feel to contact me via email at RKH5656@aol.com or my cell phone 954-608-0527.

- Ryan Hanrahan
Jim Esposito, Agent, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Thu Oct 4, 2012
What kind of home? A house or a condo? You can see the most current listings on my website at http://www.fortlauderdalebeachproperty.com

Once you identify a property, the whole process will take between 4-6 weeks depending if you are paying cash or financing.
Luis Amoretti, Agent, Duluth, GA
Thu Oct 4, 2012
Buen dia,me gustaria ayudarle con sus preguntas ,y darle diferentes opciones contacteme a mi email luis@varasgroup.com visite mi website varasgroup.com
Rick Scrabis, Agent, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Thu Oct 4, 2012
Please contact me at your convenience to discuss your search for a vacation property.

Rick Scrabis

Scrabis.r@ewm.com

954 232 0300
Tamika Moses, Agent, Pembroke Pines, FL
Thu Oct 4, 2012
I can help you find a vacation home here in Fort Lauderdale. There are building here that will allow you to rent out the property as well for short term, so you can make money on the property while you are not here as well. You can reach out to me and I can email you some properties that may interest you. Just let me know what your price range is.

Tamika Moses
Keller Williams Realty Partners SW
954-404-4646
tmrealtor@yahoo.com