Hello, I'm from another state, interested in buying a short-sale in Kansas. Are there standard short-sale disclosure forms that I have to sign?

Asked by JA, Wichita, KS Tue Jul 30, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Terry McCarl…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Tue Jul 30, 2013
Tim is right - your real estate agent will have the forms you will need to sign. I wouldn't rule out looking at regular listings as well as short sales. I handle a great deal of short sales in Florida and you can end up getting a great deal but I am also seeing regular listings that are priced very well also so it won't hurt to look at both types of listings.
0 votes
Sally Grenier, Agent, Boulder, CO
Tue Jul 30, 2013
I'm curious as to why you want to buy a short sale? They aren't always a great deal, they can take months to complete, and in the end you may not even get the house. The sellers often have neglected the house, and may have lots of maintenance issues.

If you're serious about buying a home, then you shouldn't limit yourself to short sales. Especially now that the market is recovering in most areas, and we're seeing more of a seller's market now. I would interview a couple of local Realtors and pick one to work for you as a Buyer's Agent. They'll be able to walk you through the process.
0 votes
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Tue Jul 30, 2013
You bet there are. Your Realtor will know all about them and have everything needed.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more