Hello: I having problems making a decision. I have a stable job with the NY State and my salary is in the

Asked by Kathy, Astoria, Queens, NY Fri Apr 10, 2009

lower 60s. I have 20K saved and also have a retirement account and a 403b account. Do I qualify for a Jumbo mortage?? I have been contemplating buying a 2 family house rather than a coop, I could use the money that I get from renting the other unit to pay off my mortage. I am not sure if I qualify to borrow so much money. I have an excellent credit score. Please Help

Answers

3
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sat Apr 11, 2009
Refer your question to any loan officer for an accurate answer.

Anna
917-576-5376
abrocco@laffey.com
Fajardo Dela…, , Flushing, NY
Fri Apr 10, 2009
Kathy
Of course every homebuyer's situation is unique, but in a few
hours that you and me spend together going thourgh the
numbers. I could clear up some of the major concerns preventing
you from moving forward.
Let me known what you think. If you have additional
questions or need an agent feel free to call and direct them to me.
My Direct # 347-813-1290.
Here is my website http://fajardodelacruz.realtors.officelive.com
or my e-mail delacruz.fajardo3@gmail.com
Hope to hear from you soon.
Sandeep Shri…, Agent, Little Neck, NY
Fri Apr 10, 2009
Hi Kathy, the best thing to do is contact a bank and give them your scenario and get your self pre-qualified for a mortgage. Its for free and you are under no obligation to buy. But now you know how much you can borrow and how much mortgage you are comfortable paying every month, even though some part of the mortgage is coming from the rent of the two family. If you are having a difficult time to get pre-qualified by a bank then call me at 646 594 6447 or e-mail me at sshrivastav@laffey.com and I will refer you to a mortgage bank. Also its best if you buy a small two family with one or two bedrooms on each floor because it will cost less and easy to rent out.