Hello! I have lived overseas for 8 years & have no USA address or credit rating. How do I buy a home?

Asked by Sara Sommerville, Wilson, NC Tue Dec 30, 2008

I want to move back home but am having difficulties as all internet forms require a USA address and phone, so I can't get a credit report or a pre-approved mortgage. Also they refuse to count my husband's income as he is English. ADVICE NEEDED, PLEASE? THANK YOU. Sara Sommerville

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Larry Story, Agent, Greensboro, NC
Tue Dec 30, 2008
I would reccomend that you speak with a lender directly instead of the internet. I have clients in the UK and Europe so while it is a bit more difficult it can be done. First off is Rocky Mount where you want to move to? Secondly your husband's income I understand he is English but, will his income continue if you relocate to the states? Depending on your financial situation would determine which lender I would reccomend. Of course your timetable for moving is also a factor. Another question would be are you wanting to buy now and then have it ready to close when you arrive? I reccomend of course that you come and actually view the properties to choose first. If know where it is you wish to relocate to then you can find yourself a qualified buyer's agent to help you in this type of a situation. Then they can help you contact directly a lender in their area. If you need help with getting an agent in a particular area I can give you a referral to a top agent anywhere in the US. I am in the Triad area of NC, Greensboro, Winston Salem, and High Point. So depending on your timetable and other factors it seems as if you need a contact on the ground where you intend to relocate to.

Hope this helps,
Web Reference:  http://www.storybookhomes.ws
1 vote
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Rocky Mount Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more