Home Buying in Riverview>Question Details

barbiebella, Home Buyer in Riverview, FL

Hello I am seriously interested in a home in Panther Trace Phase 1 A built in 2005! are there ANY issues with "poor" construction or chinese drywall?

Asked by barbiebella, Riverview, FL Tue Jul 31, 2012

in this neighborhood. I currently reside in Sarasota Fl and am very interested in this area..

Answers

3
One thing to be aware of in Panther Trace and several other planned communities is the total cost for Homeowners Association fees and the Community Development District Taxes (if any). Panther Trace has CDD fees. Just be sure to include that cost and you may even want to equate it to an equivalent mortgage payment when comparing homes in high fee communities versus those in lower or non-fee communities. Of course if you take advantage of the amenities (community pool, tennis, workout room, etc.) it may make sense to buy into a community like that.

Also as far as Chinese Toxic Drywall, you truly have to investigate any property built during the time period because one house may not have it while next door they may have used the Chinese drywall.

Alma Kee
http://www.SoldOnTampa.com

Panther Trace is a great community. There are several builders in Panther Trace. They all basically build the same product however they all have their little differences. Some of the builders are actually still building new homes in the community. I am not aware of any "poor" construction and these homes came with some type of builder warranty. Chinese Drywall can appear in homes built locally between 2004-2007. You should always have a home inspection done when purchasing a property. I would also recommend visiting the community at different times through out the day. You will get a much better feel for the community.

Please feel free to call or email me with any questions you may have.

Andrew Schmitt
Yellowfin Realty
Sales Associate / Property Manager
andrew.yellowfinrealty@gmail.com
http://www.andysellstampabay.com
Hi Barbie
This is a nice subdivision and I have not encountered any issues there with poor construction or chinese drywall. Of course that is not to say you won't run across an occasional home that had problems - I don't think any builder is 100% all of the time. Any home built during this time period would warrant extra diligence during the home inspection because of drywall issues. There are many ways a home inspector can reveal both issues. A normal real estate contract allows for 15 days for any inspections, so if there is any doubt additional experts can be called in.
I have lived in the Tampa area for over 30 years and know a lot about this area. Would love to assist you in any way i can.

Debbi Tinker
Keller Williams
813-263-0932