Hello, I am having a difficult time finding a good listing agent for my property in Roseville. Can someone quide me in the right direction?

Asked by Mary, Redwood City, CA Sat Feb 6, 2010

I am looking for experience, great marketing, and has references? This is a conventional sale not a short sale.

Answers

8
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sat Feb 6, 2010
Call a few realty offices and interview a couple of agents in person, don't be too concerned as to their location--sometimes a local broker is no more skilled than one from a few towns away--don't overlook newer agents as most will work very hard if not harder than a seasoned professional--ask what marketing strategies will be implemented; what plans will be put in place to coordinate meetings with buyers; what feedback (communication) can you expect and with what frequency; will data be supplied to help establish a fair and marketable asking price; will buyers be pre-screened and required to have mortgage pre-approvals when submitting offers; what other services does the agency offer, if any. Choose your agent with care, make sure you like each other as you will be spending some time together.
Jim Walker, Agent, Carmichael, CA
Thu Mar 18, 2010
There is no Norma Farr in the DRE or in the MLS. It appears that "Norma Farr" is someone spoofing a fake name in order to defame a good agent with a false claim.

Um, "Norma Farr", Why would you make such an easily retracted claim?

The agent you cited is a fine agent, I am sure.

But the MLS shows 5 Solds, 4 Active listings, 2 expired listings, and 5 withdrawn listings.

There is nothing wrong with that kind of a record. A baseball player with a .400 batting average is highly sought after. Selling luxury homes is at least as difficult as driving a baseball between two infielders.
Maureen Cody, , Charleston, SC
Thu Mar 18, 2010
Dear Mary,

I recommend that you meet with a few agents in order to decide on the Realtor you feel the most comfortable working with. It's a big decision and you need to select an agent that will offer the best experience for you.

Agents have different communication styles, some are more tech savvy than others. It's not all about their stats! Write a list of traits, skills, expectations you want in a Realtor.

Interview, and ask questions, then make your decision!

Maureen
maureen@maureencody.com
Norma Farr, Other Pro, Roseville, CA
Wed Mar 17, 2010
Deanne Motsenbocher at Keller Williams sells everything she lists!!
Tom Pohlman, Agent, Roseville, CA
Tue Mar 16, 2010
I'll vouch for the stats provided by Boone and Nolan below; Keller Williams has many talented agents and top presence in the region. In a town like Roseville, I happen to believe that you will be better served by selecting an experienced LOCAL agent than anyone from a few towns away. Roseville has many exceptional agents to choose from, by being local, your agent will have useful familiarity with the neighborhoods and daily interaction with other local agents who may have buyers.

Ideally, you'll want to interview a few agents and choose one you feel understands your goals, and who has the experience to guide you, the marketing skills to "sell" your home to the other agents, sound techniques for determining value, and excellent follow through and follow up.

Please feel free to add TOM POHLMAN to your interview list! I have many references. Roseville is my primary area, where I have lived for 20+ years, and have sold real estate full time since 1998.

Tom Pohlman
916-300-9119
thomas.pohlman@gmail.com
Bill Boone, Agent, Roseville, CA
Tue Mar 9, 2010
Hello Mary the Boone & Nolan Real Estate Group specializes in the Roseville area! They are with Keller Williams Realty in the Roseville office. This is one of the largest real estate offices in the greater Sacramento area and ranked in the very top of all Keller Williams offices in the country. You can see their online marketing plan on the web site listed below and quickly understand why they are true professionals.

http://www.yourpersonalagent.net/Listing/VirtualTour.ashx?li…
Ed Kittle, Agent, Roseville, CA
Fri Mar 5, 2010
Hello Mary - you are wise to look for an experienced agent to represent you, especially in this tough market. I'd like to suggest you check out Ed Kittle of Results Real Estate here in Roseville! His website is http://www.edkittle.com. Ed is professional, experienced and has a great marketing presence on so many websites out there. You can talk to him realtime at (916) 770-6718. He would be happy to provide you with references. I don't think you will find a more pro-active agent who cares more than he does for his clients. If you would like his resume, just email him. I think you will find he fits your criteria!
Web Reference:  http://www.edkittle.com
Jim Walker, Agent, Carmichael, CA
Sun Feb 7, 2010
Several Roseville area agents answered this question on its duplicate thread:

http://www.trulia.com/voices/Home_Selling/We_would_like_to_l…

I am providing the link, in case you did not see the other thread.