Hello I am a single Mom looking for a 2 bed 2 bath condo or townhome in the 92129 area for my two boys and I, I have terrible credit.

Asked by Kimberly Paige, San Diego, CA Thu Jun 6, 2013

And so far it has been impossible, I'm working on my credit but but the problem is it takes too long and I can't even afford to do a lot with that, my lease will be over in the apartment I'm living in September, and I would like to be able to have a home before then. I've been trying for a while to find a lender that could help me but so far I've only had one rejection after the next. Is there anyone that could help someone like me?

Kimberly Paige

Answers

21
lendersnetwo…, Agent, Plano, TX
Thu Oct 31, 2013
I have lenders that can go down to a 560-580 for FHA if your still trying for a mortgage
Sheryl Arndt, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Woodland Hills, CA
Thu Apr 16, 2015
Hello Kimberly, what do you mean by terrible credit? It may be easier to qualify to buy than rent. Your fico scores can be raised within 3-4 days in most cases to qualify for programs, rates and terms as necessary.

If you figure out what cities/zip codes you are considering, minimum number of bedrooms and the maximum payment/price you are looking to achieve you can be emailed listings to fit your search criteria. Your email address is needed to set you up for the automatic daily updates.

You will need to be pre-approved if you decide to buy to be able to meet an agent to view and submit offers on any homes of your choice. Your qualifications will be determined by your credit profile, debt to income ratios, fico scores, home price, loan program and how much you want to invest into the down payment and closing costs.

You may qualify for the USDA Rural from a minimum 560 fico score. You may qualify to buy FHA with fico scores between 500-579 with 10% down or minimum 580 fico score may qualify FHA 3.5% down or as low as .5% half percent down payment program. You may consider 3% down conventional from a minimum 620 fico score.

It only takes a few dozen questions to qualify, go over your options and email you listings to study and compare. Here are some links to study as well as web reference links to many loan program pages offered...

Sheryl Arndt, Real Estate Broker - Sr. Loan Officer CA only
Veteran & VA/CalVet Loan Specialist
REO & Short Sale Specialist
Credit Repair At No Cost
ALL Loan Programs Available
22+ Years Experience
BRE# 01140252
NMLS# 297251
760-486-4225
9am till 5pm by phone Monday thru Saturday, Sundays by appt., EMAIL ANYTIME 24/7
Under640FicoScoreLoans@gmail.com or HomeLoans4U@live.com
http://youtu.be/MrygA2_8fAY
http://www.trulia.com/profile/SherylArndt

If my response was helpful, consider clicking Thank, Link or Best Answer.
Connie Cannon…, Agent, San Diego, CA
Thu Apr 16, 2015
Many lenders can help with credit problems, also companies that specialize in correcting credit issues. Kimberly, don't give up. If there's a will, there's a way. I connect you to the right people.
Jim Supples, Agent, San Diego, CA
Sun Oct 19, 2014
Wish you luck Kim. Hopefully you've found a new place by now.
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Fri Oct 17, 2014
This question was asked over a year ago.

However, I have to wonder why someone posting a question would reveal her:
Sex
Marital Status
Family Size
Number of Children

All these are irrelevant to the home buying process and are illegal factors on which a licensed agent or lender can make a decision.
Harold Lear, Agent, San Diego, CA
Fri Oct 17, 2014
There are a lot of Credit repair companies that claim to repair your credit. Most of what they do you could do yourself. Pull your credit through Annual Credit Report.com, all three bureaus, then dispute everything as inaccurate information it will take about 30 to 60 days to see results if any.
If that doesn't work, we have a program where we analyzed your credit first if we can restore your credit we pay the fee up front for you, restore your credit then you pay us when the process is complete. It takes about 30 to 45 days.
You will have a 700 plus score when done. We can even get you unsecured funding up to $100,000.
Hope this helps
Harold
858-945-1047
Agree with Harold! Good advice.
Flag Sun Oct 19, 2014
Janet McCart…, Agent, San Diego, CA
Sun Oct 5, 2014
Best thing today is to take care of your credit. I can recommend American Credit Repair.
They have the expertise of experience to help you get the results you need.
Do you need to remove late payments, bankruptcies, judgments, tax liens ???
They use the law, write the letters, contact the lenders and get the job don
They identify and dispute unverified, inaccurate or obsolete information on your credit report in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
79% of consumer credit report have errors.
In three months you could improve your credit scores by 100 points and change your life.
Contact them and get started and then find a house to buy, using a down payment assistance program offered from either the City of San Diego or County
Good Luck
Janet McCarthy
jmccarthyhomes@gmail.com
http://www.BestSanDiegoHomesGuide.com
Harold Lear, Home Buyer, San Diego, CA
Wed Sep 17, 2014
The lower your Fico score the higher the interest rate.
We offer Credit Restoration, We can remove everything then we rebuild your credit, the process takes about 30 days. No upfront fees.
You could have a 740 fico in 30 days.
Call me for more info and pricing.
858-945-1047
Robert Chome…, , San Diego, CA
Wed Aug 27, 2014
I would be happy to take a look at your credit for you and counsel you for free. I have reviewed thousands of credit reports over my career and I may have some surprising suggestions.
Bradley Neum…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Franklin, TN
Sat Nov 9, 2013
We can steer you to the right company to fix your credit and get you into your dream home. For mortgage help, call or email for a free pre-approval in less than 10 minutes. We lend our own money and are licensed in 49 states.

We can do: FHA, Conventional, USDA, VA, HARP, Interest Only, Home Equity, Fixed, and Variable. Find out which product is right for you by calling Brad at (855) 415-5626.

Brad Neumann
Sr. Loan Officer
Crosscountry Mortgage Inc.
Toll Free: (855) 415-5626 ext. 5734
Email: bneumann@myccmortgage.com
NMLS# 948036
Shay McDowell, Both Buyer And Seller, 92113
Fri Nov 1, 2013
Try Aguilar Real Estate Web Site...they are Familiar with your day to day living !! GOOD LUCK !!
Jeff Jenkel, Agent, Escondido, CA
Mon Oct 28, 2013
Hi Kimberly,
In terms of finding a home in the 92129 area that would fit your needs, I don't think would be an issue. You might want to talk with some lenders to see what they say about home much you are approved for and what you could do to improve your credit score. Many times they are very helpful in suggesting things that will help get your qualfied for a loan.

Jeff Jenkel
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Sam Cong, Agent, San Diego, CA
Sat Oct 26, 2013
Hi Kimberly,

Don't give up, I would work on improving your credit first still. They offer credit repair classes at the continuing education center http://(www.sdce.edu). You will be surprised how fast your credit will improve once you lower those debts. Sometimes you can make deals with the credit card companies on payment plans or a one time payment with discounts.

When there is a will, there is a way. I have one friend who just got title of a condo from their roommate/homeowner. I also see some owner financing options that might be an alternative.

About the 92129 zipcode... I have been researching condos in the 92129 RP & RB area for some clients and you are looking at 350K+ condos with really high mellos roos and HOA in some areas. The high monthly fees will lower the amount that lender will pre-approve you for.
John Reeves, Agent, San Diego, CA
Tue Aug 13, 2013
Hi Kimberly,

Things happen for a reason and we're here to help you out of your problems. I would suggest sitting down with a loan officer and going over your file and credit report to see what can be done to improve your score and if there are any other road blocks to you qualifying for a loan. Please do this face to face with a local lender, that is only way you will be able to come up with a plan to get you into a home and find you the loan that best suits you.

Feel free to get in touch with me anytime, and best of luck!

J. Reeves
CEO and Founder
Reef Point Realty & Construction
http://reefpointrealty.com
858-521-9350
Joyce Du Jour, Agent, Poway, CA
Tue Jun 11, 2013
Work with an agent who has contact with lenders.

Identify your down payment and reason for bad credit.

Plan out the details

You may have to do a rent to own,

JDuJour@kw.com
Alex Shadpour, Agent, Carlsbad, CA
Mon Jun 10, 2013
I know a good lender who can help you to improve or fix your credit. Please feel free to contact me and I will be happy to help. shadpour@gmail.com or just call me.

--
Alex Shadpour, CRS®, ABR®, SFR
REALTOR®, ZipRealty Team Leader
Call/Text: 858.761.1167
Business: 858.605.1911; Fax: 866.886.4874
Email: shadpour@gmail.com
ZipRealty, Inc.; Licensed in CA, #01459622
http://www.MyPreferredRealtor.com

Council of Residential Specialists (CRS®)
Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR®)
Certified Short Sale & Foreclosure Resource (SFR)
Sam Ibrhaim, Agent, Chula Vista, CA
Thu Jun 6, 2013
If you have a large chunk of down payment . Then some lenders can talk .
But you see, the whole approval thing is a case-by-case thing .
Cheers
Brandon Long, Agent, San Diego, CA
Thu Jun 6, 2013
Kimberly,

I have grown up in Rancho Penasquitos and I live in Poway. I can help you even if its seller financing or if we originate some private financing. Email me direct ok: BrandonLong@regionalrealty.org

Talk to you soon, dont worry girl:)
Susy Thomas, Agent, San Diego, CA
Thu Jun 6, 2013
if you want to contact me directly, I work with someone who helps clean up your credit. But to be honest, I doubt you will be able to buy anything in the Poway School District. Small 2 bed/2 bath condos start around $250,000

But you are wise to get your credit cleaned up and buy a home that you can gain equity in.

SusyThomas@Route56Realty.com
Sinead McAll…, Agent, Oceanside, CA
Thu Jun 6, 2013
Unfortunately, credit is an intrinsic part of being able to qualify for a home. It's not always fair, but that's the name of the game. I would be happy to give you some credit resources, message me directly.

​Sinead McAllister-Clifford
Real Estate Broker/ Realtor®

McAllister Homes Real Estate
Residential Sales & Property Management
http://www.McAllisterHomes.com
License 01366009
858-205-5215 CELL
brokermcallister@gmail.com EMAIL
Cindy Davis, Agent, San Diego, CA
Thu Jun 6, 2013
In terms of buying...you need to do what you're doing and fix your credit. Pay off the bills and pay down your credit card balances to the point where they are under the 50% mark of your credit availability. In the meantime, you're looking at renting.

Best of luck.