Hello All,I live and work in Palo Alto, CA, and we were thinking buying our first home in mountain house,

Asked by Yassin Mohamed, Tracy, CA Sun Dec 30, 2007

and commute back to work, but I have couple of quesitions, first how bad is it for someone to commute back to the bay area, and second I heard the water is very expensive, is that true. Thank you, Yassin

Answers

2
Pam Winterba…, Agent, Danville, VA
Sun Dec 30, 2007
Yassin....

Your commute during normal non commute traffic would be a minimum of 2 hours each way. Factor traffic into it your commute it could be 3 - 3.5 hours each way....with a commute of 5 - 7 hours a day. Please see how this will effect your quality of life for your family before making a purchase. I would say gas would be more expensive than water. Also, I believe Mountain House is subject to the Mello-Roos tax. Good Luck
Brian, Both Buyer And Seller, California
Sun Dec 30, 2007
Not sure about the water but yes you will definitly have a great deal of traffic. You will be pulling your hair out each day for the amount of time you would be wasting doing nothing. I dont recommend the purchase.