Have home values appreciated or depreciated in the past 8 years in Hammond? How have they changed in Hammond compared with the rest of the country?

Asked by Rick Tobey, Hammond, LA Thu Jun 13, 2013

Answers

2
Craig Martin, Agent, Hammond, LA
Fri Jul 24, 2015
I have been working in the Hammond Area as a Realtor since 2000. Home prices have appreciated and as you probably know right after Katrina the home prices went up dramatically. Then the Great Recession happened and we had a moderate pull back. For those that bought right after Katrina we are getting back close to that range. The Great Part and Sometimes not so great part is that we see a steady 3-5% increase yearly and even during the Great Recession we didn't see a huge fall off in value. Good or Bad that would be your call. If you need help with anything know The Martin Team is here for you.
Check out our Website: http://www.tangiproperties.com
or email us at craig4924@gmail.com
Margaret Rod…, Agent, Denham Springs, LA
Thu Jun 13, 2013
That's a very complex question that depends on several factors. The largest being Katrina..... We all remember the storm after effects with prices sky rocketing. Then when the bottom fell out of the economy many people were left in homes that they paid a high price for and then it was valued as much less. So, if you purchased on the Katrina high then your home is likely still not back at what you paid for it.

Then there are the foreclosures, short sales, REO's, HUD's and such that affect the pricing of areas. If your subdivision has lots of these then your home value may be affected.

The good news is in our area - The 1-12 corridor - prices seem to be on the rise. It's slow, but it does seem to be moving up!

I'm not sure how much help I was, but if you want to send me a specific home I can run very specific comps on it and give you a good idea of the value.

Margaret Rodrigue
225-505-8725
Keller Williams Realty Premier Partners
Web Reference:  http://www.justcallmags.com