Have been looking for homes in Wilmington, without it being a community pool ... why do no homeowners have pools?

Asked by kml, Wilmington, NC Wed Mar 6, 2013

Answers

9
Brad Van Amb…, Agent, Wilmington, NC
Sun Mar 31, 2013
There are many homes in the Wilmington area with pools, infact many of the ocean front homes all have pools to encourage vacation renters. Taking the other side now, many who live in this area would prefer to spend their leisure time at the beach rather than a pool. Let me know if you need help finding a home with a pool. brad.vanamberg@gmail.com
maura_e_black, Home Owner, Richmond, VA
Thu Mar 28, 2013
Hi there! I just bought a house in Huntington Forest with a pool, and many of my neighbors have pools. These are modest homes priced well under $200K. My new pool company tells me there are many pools here. If you really want a home that already has a pool, just keep looking and it will come about. Good Luck!

Also - it's my understanding that jobs are tight here, but it only takes one (in your case 2). Try Corning. Also, there is a lot in the medical field. Keep looking for what you want and you will find it!
I have lived in resort areas like Hilton Head and Asheville, NC and now Wilmington. Jobs hunting is typically difficult in resort areas, everyone wants to live here and due to the competition to find a job the employers do not have to pay a top salary. Those that do well here have created their own opportunites. Good luck.
Flag Sun Mar 31, 2013
watw, Home Seller, Wilmington, NC
Sat Mar 9, 2013
Hello KML. I live in Wilmington towards the beach, and I understand what you are saying because I am also from New York. Several of my neighbors over the past two ears have put pools in because they did not want to share a community pool with strangers. Being from New York, I also have grown up entertaining people almost every weekend, and I would find it hard to enjoy myself sharing a pool while bar b q'n for friends and family. Also, the water table is shallow, so there is concerns with pool wall stability. I was going to put a pool in myself, but I had gotten transferred to Raleigh. I am getting ready to sell my home in Wilmington within the next few weeks. I would suggest that when you buy a home, to finance the pool into the cost, or complete the install prior to getting really comfortable. My neighbors put the carriage before the horse, and put time and money int their landscape when they moved in, waited a year to put the pool in, and had to destoy the yard to get the heavy equipment in the backyard. Then they complained about the cost. The pool companies are far more expensive then in NY. They wished they had enrolled the loan into their initial mortgage. he cost would have been significantly less per month. Hope this helps. BILLYBLAZE...
kml, Home Buyer, Wilmington, NC
Thu Mar 7, 2013
Thank you for all the info on why no private homes with pools in Wilmington; it does seem the age of the house built & my price range are the factors, also potentially a lot of owners not wanting to maintain a pool. My husband and I live in upstate NY and are relocating this summer/spring to Wilmington, we are working with a great realtor - we'll continue to look, but I have been curious as to why an area in the south that could get so much use of out of owning a private pool, why many dont have one! Seems odd to us, being we have one and we can only use it for about 8-12 weeks a year!

New Topic: anyone have any ideas on how to go about finding jobs? My husband is in IT field (System Support Analyst), and I am in Accounting (A/P, A/P, HR & Payroll/Office Mgr).
Thank you Everyone :)
Jamie Stowe, Agent, Wilmington, NC
Wed Mar 6, 2013
Depending on your price range, I just listed a home with a pool for 569,000 at 9107 Salem Court. Check it out.
Adam Sink, Agent, Wilmington, NC
Wed Mar 6, 2013
KML,

There are actually quite a few properties for sale that have their own private pool. If you would send me more information on what location in Wilmington you would like to be in, and what you are looking for in the home and price range I would be glad to send you some prospective properties for you to view.

Adam Sink
Broker/Realtor®
asink@intracoastalrealty.com
(910)214-0352
Chris Hoskins, Agent, Carolina Beach, NC
Wed Mar 6, 2013
Hey KML - There are homeowner's in Wilmington and area beaches that have pools, but currently there are not a lot of those homes on the market, actively for sale. Most of the neighborhoods that were built in the late 1980s and into 1990s do not have community pools, and therefore will have more individual homes with pools in their backyard. Also, several of the local country clubs, such as Echo Farms and Pine Valley offer summer pool memberships, which many people utilize. I have used Echo Farms in the past for $600 for the family membership for the summer.

If you have questions or concerns on particular properties, and/or would like me to research homes with pools for you, feel free to call, text or email me anytime.

Thanks - Chris

Chris Hoskins
910-619-6174
choskins@intracoastalrealty.com
Kay Baker As…, Agent, Wilmington, NC
Wed Mar 6, 2013
There are some subdivisions that have setback rules that might not allow a pool, but there are plenty of homes currently on the market with a pool. I am not sure what your price range is, but here are a couple homes in the area. (Copy and paste link if not clickable.)

http://wrar.rapmls.com/scripts/mgrqispi.dll?APPNAME=wilmingt…

If you would like a certain price range or neighborhood, just let us know.
Baker Wayne and Associates
Ed & Sheila…, Agent, Wilmington, NC
Wed Mar 6, 2013
Many homeowners do have pools and we have a search criteria that will allow us to pull only properties that have pools. As far as community pools many home owners like the idea of turning the maintenance over to someone else.

Let me know and will send you a list of homes that have pools. 910-620-7206

Ed

Remember - Rudolph "Nose" Real Estate!