Have a credit score of 549, foreclosure 2 years ago. What are my options?

Asked by curious7, Spartanburg, SC Wed Mar 6, 2013

Answers

2
Daniel Fisher, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Fri Mar 15, 2013
Good afternoon, Curious. Here are Ten tips for repairing your credit history, raising score http://goo.gl/INE80 , Following these steps works! You might also want to review the Trulia Blog "I have bad credit and no savings. Can I get a home or am I stuck renting?" in the link below. Once you have read these, I suggest that you talk to a mortgage banker for a lender who is making loans to borrowers with middle credit scores of 600+ FICO. You generally have to be 3 full years past a foreclosure. If you appreciate an answer, please give thumbs up. For the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a best answer click.
Black Tie Ma…, Agent, Greenville, SC
Mon Mar 11, 2013
Good advice from Lowell. Another option available to you is owner financing a home until your credit qualifies for a loan. Generally owners offering owner financing require $5,000 down or more. Check SpartanburgOwnerFinancing dot com for a list of homes in the area.