Has Maronda homes had alot of complaints? I would like to know before I invest with them.

Asked by Pete, Florida Fri Oct 12, 2007

Answers

75
Jim, Home Buyer, Pennsylvania
Mon Feb 23, 2009
omg they make the worst house for the money, I have had my home for just under a year and so far they have come out to "fix" the floors\ front door\celling\walls\ ect over 13 times, and the best part is the people they have to come fix the house, are all sub contractors and they actually made problems worse not better, I literally would have a better house had i not contacted them to repair problems i have had, they ruined my floors \ sub floors worse than they were since as i was told they use lumber that is not treated and was told the floors are supposed to have movement...are you kidding me. 200 + grand homes and the floors are supposed to have movement when you walk, if i wanted to live on a trampoline i would have bought one alot cheaper. the one year warrenty isnt worth anything as they really cant fix major structural problems once the house is up because they either dont know how or wont spend the money to do it.......RUN FOR YOUR LIFE dont buy a maronda home....... I actually like my house and neighborhood but all the problems we have had are due to cheap labor and not using the correct materials and cost cutting to an extreme to turn a profit....... just save yourself the headache and dont buy.
I owned a Maronda home and let me tell you, it had bad wiring, un level floors, wavy drywall corners, gaps in framing, a leaky roof, plumbing problems, major cracks in the basement concrete floors, moister on the block on the block walls, cheap everything. House was poorly built! TAKE YOUR MONEY AND RUN THE OTHER WAY!
Flag Wed Sep 25, 2013
We have a Maronda home and moveable floors as well. When you walk things rattle in the room because the floors move and squeak. We do love our neighborhood but eh house quality is upsetting. Vents were cut crooked, uneven floors upstairs and you can tell when they layed the carpet they did not sweep the floors. You can feel the bits under the rug.
Flag Fri Oct 26, 2012
Tom, Home Buyer, 15642
Sun May 11, 2008
I own a Maronda Home and could not have been more pleased with my investment. The entire process was seamless and very pleasant from start to finish. My wife and I were comparing them the Ryan Homes in our area and there were HUGE differences as far as service and sales were concerned. The Ryan salespeople are trained to lie at will and made every attempt to nickle and dime us to death. It did not help that the salesperson at Ryan Homes was new and had absolutley no knowledge about anything at all. In fact, we caught the salesperson in a few mistruths that really soured their reputation in our opinion. Maronda gave us a great rate, more space and better energy efficiencys. We love our Maronda home and would buy another.
where are you?
Flag Sat Jul 26, 2014
J, Home Buyer, Pittsburgh, PA
Tue Sep 1, 2009
I own a Maronda home that I purchased over 2 years ago. I couldn't be happier with the home and the finance deal I received with their mortgage company M.F.C
Cut the crap... liar!!!
Flag Sun Jul 9, 2017
LOL...sounds like a Maronda agent making a false statement.
Flag Thu Apr 13, 2017
Ash Patel, Home Buyer, park hill leesburg
Wed Oct 22, 2008
we bought a home in florida we had water intrusion from tropical storm fay we left message after message nobody from maronda homes got in touch with us.the home was 1 yaer and 3 months old .it is disappointing to be treated like this on top of all the myriad of other problems we face currently.
I'm having the same problem. Whenever we have a great amount of rainfall, the wall in my formal dining room is wet and we get a pool of water in the garage.
Flag Wed Dec 12, 2012
Melissak, Home Buyer, Pittsburgh, PA
Sat Aug 31, 2013
If you want major problems and a poor investment, then Maronda is for you. Their homes are thrown together with no eye for detail. Their walls are bowed, floors are not level, cabinets crooked, mechanicals are of poor quality and the people building their homes aren't qualified to build a tree house! Beware, once you close they got you. The service dept might get back to you in month and their idea of fixing your problems is done with a caulking gun and nails....I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY'RE STILL IN BUSINESS!!!!
Anabonra, Home Buyer, Palm Bay, FL
Fri Aug 30, 2013
Hi Pete: I have had a lot of responses from all over the country, in particular Florida. Problems range from shottie construction to water leakage. I gave them suggestion since, I was not able to do a class action law suit against Maronda. I will never buy another Maronda home or suggest that anyone else invest in Maronda homes. I hope that this answers your question and that you go forth in purchasing a home from another builder. Good Luck........
pal12102003....please don't buy Maronda........I've lived in ours for 9mths...repairs even though most small are not being taken care of...2 large problems that I'm most concerned w/keep getting run around..on 10-03 talked to Matt (at Maronda )he was going to fix doors following week -one for ac unit and the other mstr bathroom door which was put in going wrong way - here it is almost 4wks later and again NO call or any contact from him yet again....I've been so so patient w/him - always has an excuse ......always hear going to be here next wk -have to order - etc etc etc....nothing but bs from him....this has been going on since Jan 2016....I would never recommend Maronda home - EVER.........wish I had gone w/Adams Homes here at Lumber Crk - Yulee............
Flag Wed Oct 26, 2016
was just looking at their homes in the Homosassa area. Never heard of them before, now I don't know about looking any further. maybe they have been better? who knows? their prices are less than some of the other builders, does that mean they do lousy work? don't they have the same warranty as other builders?
Flag Sun Jul 19, 2015
Mike Jones, Home Buyer, Canonsburg, PA
Fri Aug 30, 2013
They are the absolute WORST BUILDERS out there! They now claim to be the NEW Maronda Homes but the only thing new about them is their higher prices! They hire the most incompetent sub contractors and pay them peanuts to build their homes, resulting in horrible craftsmanship. Do yourself a favor go visit one of their neighborhoods, take a good look at the construction, talk to some owners themselves and ask a lot of questions. Their HORRIBLE reputation is well deserved!
Anabonra, Home Buyer, Palm Bay, FL
Wed Feb 20, 2013
I have had my home for 5 years and I am still trying to get Maronda to repair some problems. I even have gotten my home insurance involved. Engineer's have come to my home to determine if the 2nd floor was constructed correctly! It was determined that Maronda did a shotty construction on my home. All I can recommend is that you do your homework before you buy a Maronda home, Wished I had done my homework and I would not be in this predicament that I am in right now!
Anabonra, Home Buyer, Palm Bay, FL
Fri Aug 31, 2012
I have had nothing but, problems with my house. I do not recommend that anyone buy a Maronda house unless they do some research. Go around the neighborhood where the house is located and knock on some doors and speak to the homeowners there, they will let you know if they are having any problems with their house. Hope I have been of some help to you, good luck if you buy a Maronda house - you will need it!
Dunleavyjoh, Home Buyer, Orlando, FL
Fri Aug 31, 2012
Yes they build a poor quality home. Never buy a Maronda Home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
If you do it will be a huge mistake.
Anabonra, Home Buyer, Palm Bay, FL
Wed Mar 21, 2012
I also live in Florida andI am trying to get home owners to get a class action law suite going. It seem as if everyone that has been complaining about water intrusion and cracks in the house. Even though I am the second owner on my home Maronda, came out to repair the front door but, the problem continues. The second floor is slopping in the master bedroom and in the large guest room. A certified engineer sent by my insurance company inspected the house and put it on paper that they took short cuts and certain preventive measures were not taken. Next step is to go after them in court. I also would liketo get a class action law suite going for "shotty construction". Its not like they don't know these things are happening everywhere you turn home owners are complaining about almost the same thing. If you need to contact me email me: anabonra@yahoo.com
Hello, please comment on my name, I have been wanting to do this for years.
Thankyou
Flag Sat Apr 14, 2012
Anabonra, Home Buyer, Palm Bay, FL
Fri Feb 24, 2012
I am looking for homeowners who have had either problems with water intrution and slopping floors. I am trying to get enough homeowners to do a class action lawsuite against Maronda for shotty contruction. What a mistake I made in buying my 2 story home. You can contact me at anabonra@yahoo.com. Please leave your phone number and I will return your call.
lovelyleo66, , Jacksonville, FL
Sun Nov 6, 2011
We bought our Maronda home in 2001, and we've had problems with rain water coming through the exterior walls, near the foundation, and wetting the carpets near the baseboards in our formal and informal living rooms, as well as formal dining rooms. We have a large crack in the middle of our garage floor, and all of our windows were not properly installed because morning dew comes through, causing mildew, and air comes through during the winter. The subflooring on the top step on the stairs and all the bedrooms creak when stepping on it, and the carpet and vinyl flooring is of poor quality and will have to be replaced. I knew when we had our six month that Maronda only wanted to just sell the home, because all of the construction issues that we pointed out were downplayed as
Ours was built in 2000- Sutton Lakes subdivision. We noticed the problem the following year. We are having the same problem with water intrusion..formal dining room and garage.
Flag Thu Dec 13, 2012
Unsat, Home Buyer, Pittsburgh, PA
Tue Feb 15, 2011
We bought a Maronda home in Pittsburgh last month and are experiencing problems. The flooring buckled in multiple areas and had to be redone already. The house has many noises so that we haven't even moved in yet. We're hoping to get our issues resolved and are patiently waiting. I will detail more later but I feel we need to give them a little more time to address. I hope to have better things to say next time but for now "buyer beware". Anyone else in Pgh experiencing issues ?? 2/15/2011
YES!!! We have been in our new home for almost 2 months and have had to call the service people for electrical problems (we blow a fuse at least 10 times a day), our front door wasn't put on correctly and there is a huge gap, our air conditioner needed repair already, and our "starter lawn" is the biggest joke ever! When you call, they don't call back ever and the service people take weeks to come and they only work regular business hours. Unlike Maronda, we have a job to do and can't be taking off work all the time to meet them. Almost forgot....they also lied and told residents they could build decks out as far as they would like, but they apparently didn't do their due diligence, because the township won't allow anything past 5 feet. People are currently suing them over this.
Flag Thu Jun 7, 2012
Rauf, Home Buyer, Jacksonville, FL
Fri Dec 4, 2009
Same thing here @ Sutton Lakes, Fl.
Brand new house .Closing date 11/15/2001.
Front door has a leak.
Two days ago I found a couple shingles on the ground.
After the roof inspection it was discovered that on the edge of the roof sheating and part of trusses are rotten (about 6 feet in length).
Calling Maronda's phone (on the contract) -no one picks up the phone.
Left a message.
Left a message on there web site.
4 hours passed-no one eighter called back or sent an imail to respond.
Host company.
Class action in Fl "a must".
Merissa, , Kissimmee, FL
Tue Nov 11, 2008
I would love to be a part of a lawsuit, as my house was made crooked. I have evidence of water intrusion documented because no sealent was put on my house, Maronda tried to silence me and could not. I have photos of all kinds of maronda crap, including a front door that rotted out and needs to be replaced.
awtmat@embarqmail.com. I live in a home in Kissimmee/Poinciana.

MARONDA homes needs to be taught a lesson for their awful ethics.
Mike, Home Buyer, East Central Park, Orlando, FL
Tue Oct 28, 2008
ONE WORD! GARBAGE!! I live in a great home in a neighborhood that Maronda bought all the remaining lots after mine and about 7 other homes were already built. We watched as they built these pieces of crap in about 2 months. Never worried about code. Most of them built by inexperienced day laborors. Things we saw during the constructions: 2nd story truss beams installed upside down and then quickly covered. Boards too short were just lengthened with a block of wood and extra nails. Whole truck load of truss was delivered on the wrong side of the neiborhood so they just used a bulldozer to push this pile of roof truss down the street. Wood was cracking and popping. I'm sure the integrity of that roof is pretty well shot. Slabs were not left to cure before construction started. The 2004 hurricanes hit while most were just framed and insulated (No doors, windows, or shingles) then everything just covered while still wet, including insulation. There are about 35 homes in our hood' and while some of the contracters were talking small talk, I overheard them say, "It doesn't really matter, these things (houses) aren't going to last 10 years anyway." Not a real good fealing.... and now, 4 years later, I believe they are right. All of the Maronda homes have had their front door frames rot. All of the windows are falling out. All have 'rust tears' on the outside walls from the winows rusting away. I am scared that they have not only ripped off their customers, but have made my home value plummet because of the quality of neihbor's homes. NASTY.... I'm very ticked!
James Gordon…, Agent, Hamilton, OH
Mon Mar 10, 2008
In my area Maronda loves REALTORS® and is going to office meatings to tell about their homes. Just look at the homes and normally I tell my clients before they make a decision on a builder go talk to some of the owners in area. People love to share stories about their new home be it good or bad.
Web Reference:  http://www.Find1Home.com
please use spell check on you next reply/comment
Flag Mon Aug 13, 2012
T, Home Buyer, Pittsburgh, PA
Sun Sep 21, 2008
We bought a Maronda home in the Pittsburgh area last July and couldn't be happier. Our neighbors have no problems either and are all very happy with their purchase. Maybe the Maronda experience in Florida is different than that of Pittsburgh. They also deal with realtors here, we bought our house with the help of our realtor. We got a great deal and are planning on staying in our home for many years!
Longshot3000, Home Buyer,
Tue Mar 11, 2008
Maronda Homes does pay realtors in the OH.NKY area.
Yes Maronda pays buyers agents 3% of total sale. The only issue I have right now is my sales agent who is a liar and a snake. He came from Ryan and that explains the other complaints about Ryan sales lying.!
Flag Mon Dec 2, 2013
Cbcecs, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Mon Jul 31, 2017
HA HA HA HA HA! Replaced two A/C units within 6 years of buying the house. $7500.00

Almost ten years down the road I planned to place sod in the front yard. I cant do the sod because the waterline bringing water into the home is at the surface. I can actually see a six inch section before tilling the soil. I need to get a plumber to place the waterline at the correct depth. Moron-DAAAH! wants to blame the city inspector.

Floor cracks were fixed under warranty and crack again and again.

Water was leaking into the home during rain until ugly gobs of caulking stopped it. I had to repair the builders repair for another leak.

My driveway , garage and patio concrete has huge cracks. Some were noticed after signing the contract but before I took occupancy, so I was under contract and they were not fixed.

The garage door opener I was told about was never installed.

I continue to find construction debris improperly disposed of on the woddeed lots next to the home.
Jennifer Jos…, Home Buyer, Port Saint Lucie, FL
Tue Jun 20, 2017
worst company EVER.... do not build with them...
Jjht5807, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Sat Dec 17, 2016
Are the honesty BUILDERS??
Mf_docs, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Thu Jun 23, 2016
If you want to experience the worst then go for it, else stay away.
Mf_docs, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Thu Jun 23, 2016
Maronda homes will have good communication until you close the house. After that no one will listen to your concern. You are on the no man's land. The customer service is the worst. Please do not go for Maronda homes. My personal experience. stay away.
I def have to agree.....I've been trying since Jan 2016 to at least get 2 major repairs - ac door and mstr bthrm door put on wrong way - Matt (Maronda serviceman) on10-3 said fix following wk....I still have not heard back from him - yet again .....than when you do get in touch always always an excuse - ALWAYS......this has been going on like I said since Jan 2016.....terrible communication and absolutely NO CONCERN .....they Lie and Lie and Lie - always excuses .........RUN RUN RUN away from buying Maronda home...
Flag Wed Oct 26, 2016
Mf_docs, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Thu Jun 23, 2016
Bluestang35, Home Buyer, Spring Hill, FL
Thu Dec 10, 2015
I had a new home built by maronda homes and closed 5/2014 and these home you cannot beat for what you get.
I bought this before pricing went up so we got a excellent deal and used their financing.
My complaints were minor but were taken care of at pre closing inspection.

Their plans are designed to eliminate little or no waste during construction so major changes are discouraged .
my frequent visits during construction allowed me to observe the subcontractors working.
The concrete slab is monolithic pour with fiberglass fibers ( common in fla.)
The framing is 2x4 wood @ 24" on center. ( allowed by code, not the greatest.)
All electrical wiring is copper standard.
plumbing water supply piping is cpvc not copper ( common in new construction today)
Drywall and finish ok ( some spots needed correction.)

Overall I'm quite satisfied with my Maronda Home
Flawlessface…, Home Buyer, 34715
Mon Oct 20, 2014
Omg!!! Now I'm afraid to look at the house.. First time home buyer, it's scary... Really had my hopes up on a home on curpillo dr. Groveland fl...
Help!!!!!!!!!!
SCARED
wingnut71, Home Buyer, Pittsburgh, PA
Mon Dec 2, 2013
Maronda homes are what you should expect for the money you pay. Most home owners will not go out and get high quality construction of a home because of cost. As mass developers out there will say they do quality work, that comes with limits. As your house is being developed you need to stay on top of the builder and inspect the construction yourself. I plan to do this as my house gets built. I have viewed other homes that they have been building and they appear to be acceptable. There are a few minor thing that I see that I will make not of as they build my house however so far it should be well suited. I have read other complaints about other builders such as Schumacher, Wayne & Ryan. You will for the most part always have complaints with anything. There isn't a builder out there that will be perfect. It is however very important that the builders respond to customer complaints to minimize posts such as these. As you know that anytime anyone has a bad experience it is the first thing to be posted. I like this analogy. You can go to a 5 star restaurant and get bad service and you wont return, infact you will spread the word, But you can go to a 3 star restaurant and get phenomenal service and return often and tell everyone you know. So keep in mind most importantly is how does the builder respond to complaints!
I can tell you that the Maronda does not respond well to complaints. The only reason I believe that I was able to get them to replace the front door was that I dealt with their attorney's in a professional capacity as a Federal Investigator for housing. Other then that, I would not have gotten any where with them. They don't answer complaints unless, you have some sort of leverage!
Flag Mon Dec 2, 2013
Anabonra, Home Buyer, Palm Bay, FL
Sun Dec 1, 2013
Do your research and you will see all the complaints that Maronda has against them. All I can say if I had to do it again, I would not buy a Maronda Home!
Regina Grant, Home Buyer, Clermont, FL
Sun Dec 1, 2013
i AM INTERESTED IN BUYING A MARANDA HOME IN CLERMONT FLORIDA, IM JUST 10 SCORES AWAY FOR A USDA..., iI HOPE I DO NOT HAVE A TERRIBLE SITUATION AS THEY HAVE, I WILL DO IT M SELF, IM BUYING RIGHT,..OR IS IT HOA?
GINABUG3
lherring13, Home Buyer, Deland, FL
Thu Oct 10, 2013
I was always told that if you cant say anything nice about someone-don't say anything......BUT- I have been quiet long enough. If you are thinking of purchasing a Maronda home, PLEASE, PLEASE think twice, & then think again. In our lifetime, we have built 4 homes, this the 4th one, & this the worse home we ever had built for the money. We were lied to, & told many untruths. IF you still go ahead & purchase a Maronda home, make sure everything that they tell you, you get in writing. You'll need it. They went as far as telling us that we could back out if something bad came up. My wife , 1 month later had an emergency, went to the hospital & had a pacemaker & a defib put in her chest, & was very sick for a period of time. I went & told the salesman that I may have to take him up on the backout, & his answer was " I don't recall saying that." Since that time, I have had at least 3 other home owner tell me they were told the exact same thing, about being able to back out.They get very rude with you. We have had nothing but trouble with the home, from electrical, to concrete cracking, to sprinklers , to they even stuccoed over where the doorbell goes, & didn't put in the doorbell. Everything is extra also. attic ladder is extra, ceiling fans are extra, garage door openers are extra, etc. I just want to sell & get out of here, of which we are going to do. So, if after all of this, you still want to buy a Maronda home, I've got one I'll sell you. Deland, Fl.

.
id be happy to buy one home, ,let alone 4..?
Flag Sun Dec 1, 2013
Anabonra, Home Buyer, Palm Bay, FL
Fri Aug 30, 2013
Anabonra, Home Buyer, Palm Bay, FL
Fri Aug 30, 2013
Anabonra, Home Buyer, Palm Bay, FL
Fri Jun 21, 2013
All I can say is: "don't do it", you will live to reject it!!!!!!!! Do some research and go to Maronda complaint and you will see all the complaints homeowners are having!
ghlyttle, Home Buyer, Orlando, FL
Sat Apr 27, 2013
Two story homes upper level stucco is poorly constructed. The mebsh is stapled to insulation board with short staples. The staples pull loose and the outer walls crack and water gets into the cracks and the stucco breaks apart. Very expensive to repair.
I have the same problem I look to call a lawyer. And they refuse to fix it and they claim its settling cracks. We need to all get together and do a class action lawsuit. Here is my email address hartleybaker2@aol.com
Flag Tue Oct 29, 2013
amayzes, Home Buyer, Vero Beach, FL
Wed Feb 20, 2013
Thank You to everyone who answered my question on weather or not to buy a
Maronda home. After reading everyones comments, we will not even bother
looking at their models in Vero Bch, FL. Could never have a trust factor after
this with them !!!!! Thanks again, sure hope you all can get some legal help
from someone.
Good Luck,
Andrea
amayzes, Home Buyer, Vero Beach, FL
Mon Feb 18, 2013
We were thinking of buying a Maronda Home this year! in Vero Bch ,FL. Any
comments would be appreciated!! Thank You!! asked by Andrea on
Feb, 18th 2013
Michelle Ski…, Home Buyer, Englewood, FL
Fri Aug 31, 2012
We bought a maronda home in Port Charlotte FL...biggest mistake of our lives!!!! We had our six month inspection 2 years ago and still have issues that have not been fixed.They replaced our front door 3 times because of water getting in...then had to replace carpet because of mold the carpet co has been to my house at least 8 times and still carpet is horrible..sloping floors upstairs to the point my dresser is very noticeable leaning...cracks EVERYWHERE!! But they just want u to caulk everything...I think my house was built with caulk!!! Windows do not work properly or some not at all..the a/c just sucks!! And everything else from base molding to paint is the poorest quality...and have the warranty co come fix things..haha...my house is in worse shape then before they came if that is possible...I definitely think there should be a law suit filed against them!!
Kids, , Liberty Township, OH
Tue Jul 10, 2012
i was going to purchase a maronda home last year and what they did to me was unbarable.

they put me through the ringer with my paperwork and i am a single parent of three and they wanted me to give them copies of birthcertificates and prove my ex was out of the picture.and not paying childsupport. and they cancelled three of my closing dates. and i was done with them. they threatened me on the telephone and took me to court and keeped my deposit and suied me for an additional 3,000 dollars.
Dunleavyjoh, Home Buyer, Orlando, FL
Sat Jul 7, 2012
MARONDA HOMES. POOR WORKMANSHIP.

They use the cheapest materials. THEY DID NOT APPLY ENOUGH STUCCO TO MY HOME DURING INITIAL BUILD AND THEY JUST PAINTED OVER THE VERY THIN STUCCO CAUSING THOUSANDS OF $$$$$$$$$ IN DAMAGE BECAUSE OF WATER INTRUSION.

THEY REFUSED TO EVEN TAKE A LOOK AT THE SITUATION. BAD HOME BUILDERS!!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT BUY FROM MARONDA!!!!!!!!!!!
Have you had the "water intrusion" problem fixed? If so, what company did you use and how much did it cost?
Flag Thu Dec 13, 2012
Mark Maier, Other Pro,
Fri May 18, 2012
I have a Maronda home in Harmony, PA built in 1999. Maybe it seemed great when it was new but they designed and constructed it to last about 15 years. If it isn't bad enough to own a home that falls apart all at once, when the Maronda plan was constructed they stripped off the top soil an sold it. There is nothing but sterile clay under the grass. Forget healthy trees an gardens. There is nothing between the vinyl siding and the wall studs but sheet plastic, no plywood, nothing. Windows are warped and the mechanisms have disintegrated. If there was a shortcut to be taken, Maronda took it. Butler County holds blame for failing to properly permit the construction, but Maronda builds crap.
Unhappywithm…, Home Owner, Melbourne, FL
Sat Apr 14, 2012
I bought a house that was built by Maronda. The original owner only lived here 10 months.
I have had to get a number of repairs that shouldn't of had to be done until years later.
They cut corners and use very cheap materials.
One example, a year and a 1/2 into the age of the house, I had to have the return vent for the a/c done over because they did not make it correctly and the evaporator coil of the central a/c had to be replaced.
The a/c repair man told me that myself and 8 other people by that time had the same thing happen.
What Maronda was doing was putting in faulty evaporator coils in the central a/c units.
3 neighbors after me had to have the same repair. A friend of mine who bought a Maronda home, same thing.
Very poor craftsmanship as well as far as kitchen and bath.
Which locality in Melbourne?
Flag Tue Jun 3, 2014
Homebuyer, Home Buyer, Florida
Wed Mar 7, 2012
I personally would not deal with them as I found them to lie to me in the process of trying to purchase one of their homes. I was promised a specific price reduction and they later told me it was a typo although I had the offer in writing and numerous emails that repeatedly referred to the discounted price I was offered. They would not hold up their end of the deal.
Lynn, Home Owner, Sebastian, FL
Mon Nov 28, 2011
My 5 year Maronda home leaks thru the master bath ceiling, water underneath my linoleum has turned it blue because water ran down the inside wall and under the linoleum. My driveway is cracked completely across and front walkway has holes in it. Sun light comes inbetween the door and door frame. Not a happy Maronda homeowner.
We are looking at Maronda homes in Collier Club, Sebastian, Fl. Are you near there?
Flag Mon Feb 2, 2015
Hello, my master bath leaks too. Lets all get a class action lawsuit going!
Flag Sat Apr 14, 2012
Bob, , New York
Mon Aug 1, 2011
WHAT IS SOME OF THE PROBLEMS WITH THE COMPANY MARONDA HOMES BUILDERS
Do not buy a Maronda home. Im originally from New York too and they cut corners like a number of the New York builders.
Flag Sat Apr 14, 2012
Unsat, Home Buyer, Pittsburgh, PA
Tue Mar 8, 2011
Unsat here. Maronda Pittsburgh has made a good attempt at fixing our problems. I hope that they do more when the weather breaks here but at least they are trying to work with us. They think we are whining, but it's a lot of money & what's not right should be resolved. UNSAT/ getting there.
Toby, Home Owner, Kissimmee, FL
Fri Jan 7, 2011
I recently bought my home. It is six months old. Had a couple of minor things the first week. Taken care of in a timely manner, except a replacement for a bathroom cabinet that had leaked. Still waiting for that. Christmas Eve had a water leak from the line to the ice maker. Leaked under the carpet in the living room. Had a plumber come out immmediately to fix. Had to open two walls and chip away the slab to reach the leak, which was a result of the line having been cut during construction. Made them replace all the padding, dry the slab, replace the walls, baseboard, cleaned the carpet. Discovered prior to repainting that the floor in the kitchen was damaged and now needs repair or replacing. Windows have a lot of condensation when cold. Was told this is due to moisture in the new home, which will be there for the first year. REALLY!!! Front door was never sealed nor placed flush to the wall properly. Waiting for them to come and fix all the mistakes. Was told it would happen immediately, now being told takes a couple weeks for someone to respond once turned in to whoever. Now the ice maker in the refrigerator is not working. Said the line is probably not on, yet have had ice all week and water in the frig til yesterday. Now have to call GE because it is their problem. Tired of the bull that is handed out. You made mistakes, own up to it and fix the problem. Feel like because I am a woman, I know nothing about construction. They constantly question when I ask if they are going to do something a certain way. At this point, I am becoming very frustrated with Maronda.
Carla, Home Owner, Pittsburgh, PA
Wed Jan 5, 2011
Don't do it. If you live in the Pittsburgh area look at Ryan homes instead. Maronda lies about everything and the quaility of the house is bad. You do get a lot of square feet for the money but you will have to replace everyting such as facets, lights, carpeting, etc in a short period of time. You have limited options and they will not let you change any specs.

Read my other post where I complained about several items and the marketing department laughed at me. Not a good company to spend your money with. Run the other way!!!!!
Moon9165, , Jacksonville, FL
Wed Jan 5, 2011
Does anyone have any marketing or sales documents used by Maronda Homes? I have been looking into some issues with a Sunbury C model home and was trying to find marketing material used by Maronda Homes to promote their homes. Any documentation would be greatly appreciated.
1 2