Has Anyone Received A Qualified Lead From This Site?

Asked by Kevin Ball, Torrance, CA Tue May 22, 2012

If you have, please let us know how. Personally, I have had several listings picked up by this site and have NEVER received an inquiry. I created an acct here since this system does not seem to post open house notices from the MLS. The questions posted by "potential buyers" in the advice section are usually absurd and made by people (employees?) who are never heard from again. If I am wrong about this, please let me know. That is, of course, if you really are an active agent not working here...

Answers

5
Janet Nation,…, Agent, Baldwin, NY
Tue May 22, 2012
Kevin,
I have had a lot of success from Trulia. For me it's probably the best lead generating site to date. From my experience the leads that pick up the phone and call me are the ones that I typically have success with. You have to have the right personalty and skill set to convert that lead into a client and ultimately income. Maybe your listings are not enticing or need more pictures, I have no idea just saying, you asked
Hi Janet,
My listings are selling pretty quickly. Took one open house for my latest and no open houses for the previous one so I'm not complaining. Maybe this site is more active in some areas than others?
Flag Tue May 22, 2012
Cindy Davis, Agent, San Diego, CA
Wed May 23, 2012
I have. They are few and far between but I recently closed a deal with buyers from this sight. I think this site, like many, is about exposure.

Keep going...it should pay off...
Jenna Christ…, Agent, Redondo Beach, CA
Tue May 22, 2012
I received a lead that looked promising, though the price range wasn't that attractive but the person was prequalified and I checked that out w the lender - however, before we were able to set up a meeting, she emailed me that her boss recommended an agent he'd worked with so she decided to go that route.
Tony Warfield, Agent, Manhattan Beach, CA
Tue May 22, 2012
Kevin,
I do not get a tremendous amount of leads from Trulia. But whenever I have an open house I do post on several sites that don't get picked up from the MLS. I picked up a new client last week who had seen my open house posting on Trulia and now we are working together. So it is worth the extra work.
Best of luck.
Laura Feghali, Agent, Stamford, CT
Tue May 22, 2012
Hi Kevin,
I have received some quality buyer leads from this site but very few inquiries about my listings. I'm currently working with 4 different buyers who contacted me by viewing my profile on Trulia.

It's my belief that in order to attract prospects that you need to participate on the site by answering questions or posting blogs to show your knowledge about your market and your community rather than just have your listings viewed.

And yes, you are correct that you need to input your Open house times here as it does not feed from the MLS.

Good luck to you!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
Kevin, Thanks for your comments. My market areas are not as active as many others are on this site so I do feel fortunate receiving some quality leads. And incidentally, Trulia is based out of San Francisco!
Flag Tue May 22, 2012
Thank you Laura. Perhaps my comments are more geographically specific? Did Trulia start on the East Coast? Not really commenting generally, but my area (Torrance, CA) is not very active on this site. And the questions posted... Sheesh!
Flag Tue May 22, 2012