Had a short sale in 4/2010 looking into buying a home, are there options for me now?

Asked by Russell, Corona, CA Fri May 11, 2012

Or do I have to wait another year to purchase a home through FHA?

Answers

6
Martha Rodri…, , San Dimas, CA
Wed Aug 29, 2012
Hi Russell,
Do not know if you found a lender yet to help you. I have some great programs that would help you purchase. We have some programs that will assist you with $25,000 for Inland Empire!

would love to chat!
Leticia Soto…, Agent, Chino, CA
Wed Aug 29, 2012
Yes you can buy another home just 2 years after a short sale. I just helped 3 different famiiles whose shortsale or foreclosure closed escrow in 2010. I would start off with getting qualified by an experienced lender and go from there.
Diana Margala, Agent, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Sun May 13, 2012
Hi Russell:

As indicated by the other agents, depending on the type of loan, the amount you can put down, the reason for your short sale and your current credit score is what makes the determination as to which loan program you might qualify for. Just like all buyers it is best to talk to a lender to find out your options and all that you might need to do to become qualified to get back into home ownership. Remember that each buyer qualifications is based on their personal information, (income, job history, bills, credit score, credit history, down payment, along with certain qualification for assistance program) Once you have spoken to the lender (if you need a referral contact me), received your approval give me a call and we can start looking.

Diana 909-560-0145
Web Reference:  http://www.dianam.com
Richard Schu…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Fri May 11, 2012
A lot of lenders will finance you 12-24 months after completion of your short sale, provided the rest of your credit looks good. Message me for a referral if you need it.

Richard Schulman
So your saying it will almost take two years before I can buy a home? I'm want to get into a home asap.
Flag Fri May 11, 2012
Robert Chome…, , San Diego, CA
Fri May 11, 2012
If you have 20% down you can apply for a conventional loan 2 yrs after a short sale. If you don't have 20% FHA is 3yrs after a short sale. Make sure you check the date the deed transferred out of your name on the short sale. That is the date to begin counting from. Give me a call if you would like me to look up the deed.

Rob,
858-922-7899
Daniel Harms, , Upland, CA
Fri May 11, 2012
Hi Russell,

You are right on the edge of where you can maybe buy or may have to wait a little longer. Your best bet would be to contact a lender you are comfortable with and have them take a look. If you do not have a lender, shoot me an email or give me a call and I put you in contact with one.

Daniel Harms
Tarbell Realtors - Upland
951-232-5382
dharms@tarbell.com
Web Reference:  http://www.danieleharms.com