HOW TO GET OUT OF A CONTRACT WITH AGENT: FOR FREE?

Asked by Lisa Young, Houston, TX Thu Oct 11, 2012

Answers

13
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Thu Oct 11, 2012
You can ask the agent.
You can ask their broker.
They don't have to let you out, but I'm thinking they can resolve your issue one way or another.

It could depend on why you want out?
Anthony Tayl…, Agent, HOUSTON, TX
Sun Nov 4, 2012
The first thing to do is to talk with the agent. Let the agent know why you're not happy. The agent may let you cancel the contract without any problems. if any of my seller or buyers are not happy with my services I wouldn't have a problem with them canceling the contract.
Mark McNitt, Agent, Houston, TX
Thu Oct 11, 2012
Lisa,

Your best option is to speak to the agent's Broker. He/She will try to fix your problem. You can go to http://www.har.com and plug in the office name to find the name of the Broker. Good luck!!

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
Joe Cano Jr, Agent, Houston, TX
Wed Nov 7, 2012
Maybe the agent is lacking knowledge, but obviously his/her client is unhappy. Work hard & work smart, knowledge is power, leave the rest up to God.
Joe Cano Jr, Agent, Houston, TX
Wed Nov 7, 2012
Buyers/Rep, then just talk to the Agent. If the Client wishes to terminate the agreement, then why would the agent bind you to the contract. Ask for termination, if denied by Agent, then speak to the Broker. Good luck.
Joe Cano Jr, Agent, Houston, TX
Wed Nov 7, 2012
Joe, are we certain that this is a listing agreement? I read, "Home Buying in Houston" at the top by the answer. My guess is that the agreement is a Buyers/Rep Agreement. You are correct about the listing agreement, we, real estates agents, must keep in mind, the listing belongs to the Broker.

Joe Cano - Realtor/Locator
(281) 785-5132
Web Reference:  http://joelocator.com
Lisa Young, Home Buyer, Houston, TX
Tue Nov 6, 2012
thanks. but that has been resolved. she actually got fired. and i have a new agent, and about to close on a house. thank you soooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!
Cyndi De Pal…, Agent, Dickinson, TX
Mon Nov 5, 2012
Its only fair to try to resovle it first. If there is not a meeting of the minds you will need to ask to be terminated. It may result in you haveing to talk to the broker who may reassign it to another agent in the firm. If you have simply decided to not sell at all you can simply have it withdrawn from the market. Some agencies charge a fee for this so check your listing agreement.
Lisa Young, Home Buyer, Houston, TX
Thu Oct 11, 2012
THANK YOU VERY MUCH. LISA
Carmen Marti…, Agent, Houston, TX
Thu Oct 11, 2012
If it is a buyer' rep. & you are not happy the service, All you have to do is put it writing like an email be honest and tell that agent that you are terminating b/c you are not satisfy. Hope this helps. Gratefuly, Carmen
Lisa Young, Home Buyer, Houston, TX
Thu Oct 11, 2012
I NOTICED IT SAYS IN THE BUYERS MARKET AREA = HARRIS COUNTY
THERE ARE OTHER COUNTIES IN THE SURROUNDING AREASI CAN BUY IN, WITH A DIFFERENT AGENT, WHICH MAY VOID THE CONTRACT. NOT SURE.
Lisa Young, Home Buyer, Houston, TX
Thu Oct 11, 2012
I AM THE BUYER, SHE IS THE REAL ESTATE AGENT - I SIGNED A "BUYERS REPRESENTATION AGREEMENT"
Joe Cano Jr, Agent, Houston, TX
Thu Oct 11, 2012
What type of contract? Buyer's Rep?
Lisa my experience is, It depense what contract you sign with your agent.if you just ask in the nice way. I'm sure that agent will terminate your contract with out hesitation. unless. and if He/she is not response just ask her Broker that you would like to terminate due . to your reason. Goodluck to you. I hope you'll find a good agent.
Flag Thu Oct 11, 2012