HOA and CC&Rs for Casa de Oaks in Thousand Oaks?

Asked by Christy, San Diego, CA Mon Sep 29, 2008

I'm being told by my real estate agent that I cannot see HOA rules until my offer has been accepted on a property I am looking to purchase. I find it frustrating that one can't know what an association covers before making a decision if they want to pursue a purchase. Is there any way to get this information? I'm only looking for what is covered in general -- earthquake insurance, roof, outer maintenance, pet policies, etc.

Answers

2
Joyce Zangme…, Agent, Thousand Oaks, CA
Mon Sep 29, 2008
Your real estate agent is right in that you will not get a set of the CCR's and rules until they come through escrow. BUT you can easily call the property management company for the association. The management company will tell you what the HOA fees cover and don't cover.

The Casa de Oaks in Thousand Oaks is managed by Integrity and their phone number is (818) 865-0330. Integrity should be of help and answer your questions. Your agent should know this.
Web Reference:  http://www.805local.com
Barry Shapiro, Agent, Camarillo, CA
Mon Sep 29, 2008
The Maegan Place properties are dropping in price very rapidly, with so many short sales and foreclosures on the market. The lowest priced 2+1 apt. is listed under $165K now. Look for a plethora of available units under $150k by next year. I hope your agent is telling you this!!

Most of your questions can be answered by:
HOA Mgmt Co: Integrity Management
HOA Mgmt Co: Phone (818) 865-0330

HOA: $312 +/-
HOA: Per Month
HOA Includes: Community Pool, Playground, Community Spa, Roof Maintenance, Greenbelt/Park, Trash Removal, Insurance

The CCR's can be obtained in advance for a nominal fee and your agent should be working on your behalf to accomplish your request.

Good luck and be careful!