Greetiings, What can anyone tell me about the townhome at 2031 Harlem zip code 60707 ? any information will be greatly appreciated?

Asked by A, Chicago, IL Fri Apr 13, 2012

Answers

6
Wilhoyt’s answer
Wilhoyt, Home Buyer,
Sun Jul 8, 2012
I was an original owner in the 8 townhouse collection there (4th Unit, closest to the alley, southside.) The units were really nice, although some of the construction was cheaper wood and we had to have things touched up. A few of the front units had some flooding problems back then, but that may have been fixed.

The big issue is the draconian housing association and the ridiculous monthly costs. Make sure you read the laws and such. The president of the association when I was there (has to be gone by now, she lived in the 4th unit on the north side, across from me) called the cops on my 4 year old son and me when he wrote on the sidewalk with chalk. She told the police it was gang writing. It was a rainbow and a dog. She called the towing service on a Brinks Service Van that parked in our driveway to come install a security system for one of the unit owners. Anyway, the garage's were setup terribly, they should have just made parking spaces.
A, Home Buyer, Chicago, IL
Mon Apr 16, 2012
Can anyone else have any info on this property?
Grazyna Jank…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Fri Apr 13, 2012
You need to see the property inside to make sure how the condition is. It is occupied so I think that there is not major problems inside.We can schedule the appoitment if you like.
Grazyna Jank…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Fri Apr 13, 2012
This townhome is on the market for 390 days because original price was $224,900. Now they have reduced the price to the point when the selling price start to be attractive. Like I mention before, this sale still needs to be approved by the Bank. There is a townhome in the same complex that was on the market for 127 days and is under contract. at this moment. It is also a "short sale". The original price was $156,600. If you have more questons you can call me directly at: 847-361-0516
A, Home Buyer, Chicago, IL
Fri Apr 13, 2012
I notice the property has been on the market for over a year. Any insight as to why? How's the area? Is the propery in good condition?
Grazyna Jank…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Fri Apr 13, 2012
This townhome is on the market for $137,500. This is a "short sale", which means that the Bank need to approve it. The taxes are $3,160 a year and monthly assesment is $175 a month. If you have any more questions you can e'mail me at grace@properties10.com