Grand Homes-How to get my earnest money back?

Asked by Truxtc102, Grand Prairie, TX Sun Jun 17, 2012

What do I do to get my deposit money back with Grand Home Builder? They have not do a lot fit, give me a contract, or even break ground for this home yet. They are ignoring me and not giving my money back. They basically wanting me to go on buying a home with them which I can't do because how they lied, deceptive, and not the kind of people that I want to do business with!! what do i do?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Dixon Wong’s answer
Dixon Wong, Agent, Dallas, TX
Mon Jun 18, 2012
Hi There,

Like many other agents mention - You need to talk with your agent or your attorney. We are not able to give you legal advice,

But revire your signed contract on the terms of Earnest Money. Most builder has their own contract that protect themselves and we as real estate agent usually use the TAR forms which to ensure to protect the general public such as yourself. I would also talk to the title company assuming thats the people you give the EM to not the builder directly.

Good luck!

JP and Associate
0 votes
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Sun Jun 17, 2012
1. Lessoned learned of never using a Realtor
2. It is based on executed sale agreement you signed
3. Confer with an attorney

If I can provide future assistance with home purchasing

Contact my office today where I can show you many amazing homes work with your family specifications.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer

Follow me on Facebook
0 votes
Because of your quick judment I would never use you to be my realtor! Thanks for the offer! To answer your question, I did you a Realtor for this transaction but he's in it to fool me as much as the salesman. He plays 'dumb' most of the time and appear to be no help!
Flag Sun Jun 17, 2012
Ron Pritchett, Agent, Frisco, TX
Sun Jun 17, 2012
Consult the Contract terms and conditions, if you have a Realor working for you I would suggest this person could assist you. You should alway enlist the services of a local Realtor when considering a real estate purchase. Remember that the Sales person with Grand Home or any builder work in the best interest of the Builder, not you....
0 votes
, ,
Sun Jun 17, 2012
If you did not use a Realtor in this contract, I suggest you hire a Real Estate Attorney to help you explore your options. It would be beyond the ability of any person here to give you legal advice.

Good luck.

Barbara Coker
Licensed Mortgage Loan Officer
100% Home Loans All Over Texas!
Web Reference:
0 votes
, ,
Sun Jun 17, 2012

You need to talk with your agent or your attorney. We are not able to give you legal advice, plus we have no clue what terms are spelled out in your contract. You might also contact the escrow firm or closing attorney in charge of your EMD account.

Best wishes, Jim
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Grand Prairie Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more