Got a job offer in Oahu, every little downpayment $avings, 1st time home buyer.

Asked by kauaibreezy, Honolulu, HI Sat Jun 8, 2013

Annual base $60K, excluding bonus & >$15k sup. income. Spouse income is $40K and up, annual. What loans can we qualify ?

Answers

5
Frank Diaz, Agent, Honolulu, HI
Sat Jun 8, 2013
A few factors will make a big difference:
1. Debt (monthly payments particularly)
2. Length of employment
The new job is great, but it may affect you if you are changing to a new line of work.
In any case, welcome to Hawaii, would be happy to talk to you about youur options.

Frank
808.723.0900
Dawn Marie, Agent, Honolulu, HI
Sat Jun 8, 2013
Aloha KauaiBreezy,

Congrats on your new job!

Your question is really best answered by a loan officer to whom you have disclosed your complete financial status -- last two years of income, tax return figures, debt, et al. Not that you must give all that paperwork upfront, but at least have a phone chat with one or two pros about where you stand.

From there, you select a Realtor to represent your best interest on O'ahu: our market trends, neighborhood review, drive times, etc.

KauaiBreezy, if you would like referrals to loan officers, or two chat with me live, I welcome another inquiry directly from you.

Malama pono,
Dawn@KahalaAssociates.com
808.722.3456
Randy L. Pro…, Agent, Mililani, HI
Sat Jun 8, 2013
Would need to ask you some additional pre-qualifying questions. To streamline the process, it is best to go to a good mortgage lender and let them run your numbers. They can tell you what options would best fit you.

We could help you find the right property. If you need the name of a good loan officer or two feel free to call or e-mail me.

808-384-5645 or Homes@HawaiiRandy.com
Zohra Abuzal…, Agent, Honolulu, HI
Sat Jun 8, 2013
First get yourself educated on the Buying process and what it takes to purchase a property in Hawaii.
Give me a call 808-398-6123 or send me an email zohra.abuzalaf@hawaiimoves.com to let me know of a convenient time to get together and chat about it.
Zohra Abuzalaf RA
Century 21 All Islands
Big Rock Inv…, , Honolulu, HI
Sat Jun 8, 2013
Congratulations on the job offer! It's no secret that we have an expensive market here. I'd get on the phone with a few different mortgage brokers immediately. You'll also need to be realistic regarding the area you want to buy in and what type of property -- SFH median hovers around $600K. Perhaps a 2-bed condo could be more to your liking. Anyway, just talk to a few different mortgage people so you're prepared before committing - there may be some programs you can qualify for.