Good place to live in San antonio near the Northwest loop

Asked by RizaTan, San Antonio, TX Wed Jul 25, 2012

relocating and will rent before buying

Answers

5
Darrell D. Drouillard’s answer
Darrell D. D…, Agent, Schertz, TX
Thu Jul 26, 2012
If your relocating, please understand that San Antonio is a large city and has 2 Loops (410 & 1604). And both of these Loops have a Northwest section. So your question covers a lot of space.

That being said, I agree with Jason. Interest rates are at all time lows and now is the best time to buy. If you truly want to buy, now is the best time.....there are no guarantees that interest rates won't flip and start rising by next year.

Just to give you an idea of how significant interest rates are to your payment, look at these 2 examples:
1) $100,000 loan for 30 years at 3.75% = $463.12 Principle & Interest Payment
2) $100,000 loan for 30 years at 5.75% = $583.57 Principle & Interest Payment

Buying the same home for the same loan with only a different interest rate by waiting to buy can greatly change your payments. If you need any assistance, please let me know. Good Luck.

Darrell D. Drouillard
Home Team of America
16719 Huebner Rd., Bldg 4
San Antonio, Texas 78248
210-373-6160
210-881-6760 (Fax)

http://www.dddrealtor.com

'Serving all Your Real Estate Needs'
Christopher…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Sat Jul 28, 2012
I would be happy to help you in finding a place to live and even listing your house for sale. If you would like to discuss further please do not hesitate to contact me.

I appreciate your referrals.

Chris Thorson
Century 21 United-Northside
Cell 210-595-0027
Office 210-979-6700
christopher.thorson@century21.com
RizaTan, Home Buyer, San Antonio, TX
Thu Jul 26, 2012
Thank you for all the tips,we interested in the less crowded areas, hopefully outside the second loop.
I agree buying is better, but we have a house to sell first and we are not exactly sure where we prefer to be permanently. We also need a place by mid September. We will check the areas south of Huebner or Wurzbach this weekend.
Jason Campbe…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Wed Jul 25, 2012
As much as it sounds great to "rent before you buy" Its just not the best time to do that.. Fact is... This is BY FAR the best buyer's market we have seen in the past 20 years, and will likely be the best buyer's market we may ever see in our lifetimes again!

We locked in a 30 year fixed loan for a buyer this morning at 3.25%... We will NEVER see that again. Prices are way down, and sellers are giving up the farm..

From a pure financial standpoint, it just doesnt make any money sense to toss hard earned rent money in the trash with no equity, and now tax write-offs.

Not when you can get a home that will BLOW AWAY the rental for the same monthy payment.. Gain positive equity, tax write offs, and just plain live better.

I know I'm on a soap box, but there are just going to be so many people making the "stuck in a lease for a year:" mistake that will be kicking the hell out of themselves when we see the interest rates go way up.. Happens like clock-work.. Look at what interest rates have done every single election year... There will be many many people saying, "i Wish I Had!!!!"

Now... I can send you a full list of all the homes out there on the NW side that fit what you are looking for, I can get you the very best financing in the state, and put it all in your inbox so you can review it at your pace...

Give me a call, e-mail, or text :)

Jason C Campbell
Option One Real Estate
210-389-5266
.
http://www.SAHomeExpert.com
Dan Balcar, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Wed Jul 25, 2012
There are nice older neighborhoods and several newer ones to choose from. If you want a "neighborhood" with mature trees and not a sparse "subdivision," look in the area south of Huebner or south of Wurzbach. Newer subdivisions are going to be in the area west of IH10 and north of Huebner.