Home Buying in Chicago>Question Details

Ernest Ward,  in Chicago, IL

Good Afternoon, I recently passed the IL Real Estate State & National Agent Broker’s exam and now looking to find a sponsoring broker.

Asked by Ernest Ward, Chicago, IL Wed Jun 12, 2013

Answers

13
Erik Sachs’ answer
Hey Ernest-

My company is a small real estate brokerage involved in many different aspects of residential real estate (traditional buyer and seller representation, leasing representation, property management and distressed property development). I would recommend to talk with several larger brokerages with formal training programs and talk with several smaller offices like mine. Our office needs some help right now with unworked leads; there will be an opportunity to work hard, learn on the job and make sales pretty quickly.

Please call me if you would like to discuss further, best of luck with your new career regardless.

Erik Sachs
Broker/Owner
RpV Realty
Cell 773/368-5515
Email esachs@rpvinc.com
I liked EXIT's concept of building a retirement. I want to retire, not quit. Let me if that's important to you.

Dan
847-508-0652
Ernest,

I recommend going with a recognized name and a good fit. Meet with the brokers of some big name firms and see which company you best mesh with.

Sohail A. Salahuddin | Founder and Team Leader

Innovative Property Consultants Group | Sales and Leasing

http://www.innovativepropertyconsultants.com

Jameson Sotheby’s International Realty

425 W. North Ave. | Chicago, IL 60610 

O: 312.335.3230 | C: 312.437.7799 | F: 847.805.6030

"Extraordinary Service For Extraordinary Lives"
Ernest,

It is best to interview with several companies and see which one offers the best fit for you.

Call me so I can offer you some advise on questions to ask.

Stan Krzeminski
Buyer Specialist
773-410-1469
The first thing is to figure out what part of the market is attractive to you! Then focus on interviewing with different brokers and find out up front what their mentoring programs are like and how a mentor is chosen. You need to connect with a mentor that you feel comfortable working with and feel you can learn from them. You might want to check out a lot of websites of successful agents in your area that are doing what you want, and approach their brokers. This is where you really learn the business!
Go someplace where they will provide you training and a mentor.

The $$$ will come later.

You have to speak with DJ at Kale Realty. No pressure, call him and have a talk with him.
DJ with Kale Realty. 312-939-5253. South Loop office.
Make sure you told him you spoke with me.
Best of luck to you!
Very important to get off to a good start in this business, because the work habits you start off with will follow you throughout your career. I agree with Suzanne's recommendations. Start off with a larger (and probably a franchise) firm, that offers you good training. Within a year you are going to know this business and you will be in a position to evaluate which firm best meets your needs. At the start don't focus on fees and commission splits. Instead focus on the training and support the firm offers a new agent.
Go interview at a company that serves in the area you want to work. Pick one that you mesh best with.
Realty Executives Source One is worth a call and an interview. Our last newbie sold +1 mil in his first six months and is transitioning to a full time broker from part time. We are experienced, hands on brokers who mentor and and know how to get you started making money and keep your business growing.

John Gall is the managing broker (773) 220 4421 or jgall@realtyexecutives.com
Congratulation ! I see a brilliant future for you.
Congrats.

If you have never sold Real Estate before, my advice is go with a larger firm that has some visiability, good training and also a mentoring program.

Passing the exams unfortunately tells you absolutely nothing about how to start your business, write a contract, farm or anything. It only requires you to know real estate legal requirements and regulations. Now you need to start learning, so a larger firm is better. Go on their websites and decide who has the best program for you to do some on the job training.
Thank you Suzanne.
Flag Thu Jun 13, 2013
First of all Congratulations!
There are several outstanding companies that I could recommend - but it will come down to what would be the best fit for you
Please call me to discuss
Sam Sharp
Senior VP of Mortgage Lending
Guaranteed Rate
773 290 0455