Glenmoor in South Forsyth

Asked by Toni, Georgia Sun Jan 10, 2010

I am interested in the foreclosure in the Glenmoor subdivision in South Forsyth county. 2994 BROOKWATER DR. Does this seem like a good buy? Are there any problems that you are aware of with the house and/or the area? I have small children, ages 2 and 4, and have been impressed with how many other young children are in that subdivision when driving thru. But worry about the stability. Do families tend to stay for long periods of time or are these starter houses for growing families who eventually move after 5 or so years?

We were hoping to put our house on the market in March/April (currently live in Cardinal Lake in Duluth), but thinking maybe we should just go ahead and go for this one??? I was hoping to get some more insight on the neighborhood and/or house?

Answers

7
Berryacreamer, Home Buyer, Cumming, GA
Tue Aug 29, 2017
The problem with Glenmoor is the HOA is one that wants to rule your life. If you do not mind someone constantly spying on you and your house, and are the type person that enjoys someone telling you what to do (cannot make decisions yourself), then this neighborhood might just be for you.

Me, I moved on to a more friendly neighborhood where house values will not be suppressed due to an HOA ruling with an iron fist threatening to fine me for trivial matters (almost laughable) that could of easily been resolved at any time.

My friends enjoyed hearing stories about the HOA and their antics, lol.....
I noticed a similar theme when I lived in this subdivision. Apparently, some people don't come to complete stops at some of the stop signs and roll through / do a partial stop. The HOA had the sheriff's office come out to pull over people. I understand bringing up the issue to those in the neighborhood that don't come to a complete stop, but was shocked that the HOA's viewpoint is to immediately call the sheriff's office and hope your neighbors receive a ticket/fine. It is a power hungry HOA, and I recommend living somewhere else.
Flag Tue Nov 21, 2017
Here is a very mild recent HOA email, lol... The horror that a child honored the age old tradition of putting their initials in concrete.

Dear Neighbors,

The county has been called in to repair some of the sidewalks that have been cracked and raised by the Bradford pear tree roots that were recently removed. The work began today and already someone has carved their initials into the wet cement. Assuming that this was a child in the neighborhood we ask that parents please tell their children not to draw in the wet cement as the sidewalks belong to the whole community.
Flag Fri Sep 15, 2017
Hank Miller, Agent, Alpharetta, GA
Sat Jan 16, 2010
I'll toss my hat into the ring - I'm an appraiser as well as broker and running data trends for several years bak on any area or community is fairly easy. Same for Cardinal Lake - if I can help you just let me know.

Hank Miller, SRA, ABR
Associate Broker & Certified Appraiser
Prudential GA Realty
678-428-8276
James Dudley, Agent, Suwanee, GA
Mon Jan 11, 2010
Toni,

Get your current home on the market ASAP so you don't miss out on buyer trying to take advantage of the tax credit.

When buying a foreclosure it's important to get a home inspection that will uncover any issues with the property you may not be aware of.

Glenmoor is a good subdivision with average stability for the area. I would be pleased if you gave me an opportunity to represent you as a buyers agent. You can contact me through my Trulia profile.

Happy House Hunting!
Chuck Green, Agent, Norcross, GA
Mon Jan 11, 2010
Hi Toni,

Great neighborhood in South Forsyth that has been very stable with homeowners typically living there for seven plus years with a number being original owners that are still in place. In regard to the home itself it looks to be in good condition without problems, but you would need to go view the property with your realtor to determine it's investment viability and overall condition. If you do not have a realtor now then start interviewing now and consider putting your home on the market now to take advantage of the buyers who plan to utilize the federal tax credit before it expires at the end of April. If I can be of further assistance don't hesitate to call me.

Chuck Green, Realtor
770-714-7077
chuckgreen@kw.com
Web Reference:  http://chuckgreen.com
The Sherry a…, Agent, Roswell, GA
Mon Jan 11, 2010
HI Toni,

Glenmoor is a nice swim tennis community but it is getting older. When we help buyers, we don't just look at one house but get criteria from the buyer as to what they want/need and then help find the best fit for them. There may be other homes that will actually have more investment potential than this one. Be careful. Just because it is a foreclosure does not mean it is a good investment. If you are planning to stay in the house for a while, you want one that will be a good long term investment. There are newer communities in the area that may be better options. There will be more listings coming in the next several months too so don't rush it. Waiting for the right opportunity usually pays off.

All the best in your search. Let me know if we can help you. Maria and I split duties on our team. I am a listing specialist and she is a buyer specialist. That way, we are more focused and you get a two for one deal!

Hope to talk to you soon!

Sherry Ajluni, 678-283-1710
Sherry@sherryandmariateam.com
The Sherry and Maria Team
Keller Williams Realty Consultants #1 Team
Top Ten Team in North Fulton and Forsyth Counties
Robby Robins…, Agent, Alpharetta, GA
Mon Jan 11, 2010
Toni, your going to have to talk with someone on the phone to best create a game plan for you.... I live in South Forsyth and I sell homes in Duluth. There could be a lot of things to consider .... if you do not have an agent, you will get many replies from Trulia, check out their web sites and talk to sevearl on the phone.... pick the one you are comfortable with.... and things will work out much better for you.

I will put my name in the hat: http://www.ExpectMoreNow.com
Michael Hamm…, Agent, Suwanee, GA
Mon Jan 11, 2010
This foreclosure was listed on 12/11/2009, Toni, and seems to be priced accordingly, based on what another distressed property, a potential short sale, is being marketed as well as where the other listings are priced. If you will forward me your email addy, I will send the FMLS e-flyer. Only one house closed at less than that asking price in 2009, about $191,500 net. Please call or email if I can help you further.

Michael Hammond
SellsRealty@gmail.com
404-538-5499