Glen Rock Neighborhoods?

Asked by Jeff, 07675 Sun Apr 6, 2008

My wife and I have heard good things about Glen Rock and are considering looking for homes there. Any advice (places to avoid, good places to live, etc.)?

Answers

3
Sean Anderson, , New Jersey
Mon Apr 7, 2008
Everything Karen said is spot on. This is my primary area as well. I also happened to have grown up in the area and the local schools are fantastic and location is everything. The access to major shopping centers, trains to NYC, and major roadways are a huge plus to this charming town.
http://www.mtgexpress.biz/sanderson
Steve, , 07452
Wed Jun 25, 2008
I just moved into Glen Rock and think it's the best town we could have chosen by far. My neighbors are nice, the schools are excellent and the town has a great small-town feel. My commute into the city is fantastic. And though I agree with everything the two others have said, I will disagree that finding parking for the commute is difficult. There are plenty of parking spots in the commuter lots, most of which are designated for Glen Rock only residents. Even if you had to park near one train line and walk to the other (which happens occasionally), the walk is < 0.25 mile. The pool, by the way, is the envy of all the surrounding towns. We didn't know about this before we moved in. But now that we've been there, it's like going on vacation.
Karen Lampia…, , Mahwah, NJ
Sun Apr 6, 2008
Glen Rock is a great town with excellent schools, a good commute to NYC and proximity to plenty of shopping & recreation. There are two train lines that run through the middle of the downtown area. If the noise from trains bother you, I'd stay clear of being too close to the trains. However... parking can be a bit of a challenge at prime commuting hours, so being within walking distance to the trains is a big plus. If you have any questions about Glen Rock, Ridgewood or the surrounding areas, please don't hesitate to contact me b/c that is my primary area. You can check out the website listed below for information on Northwest Bergen County. It includes town information, schools, commuting and other items of interest. Hope this helps!