Glass pool enclosure vs screen - any recommendations? Many thanks!

Asked by tricia.wyattearp.martin21, Destin, FL Sun May 6, 2012

We are seriously considering a move to the Destin area of Florida and see that most listings have enclosed pools. I am thinking humidity, etc. would be a problem with a glass enclosure?

Answers

8
Peter Mohyls…, Agent, Destin, FL
Wed Jul 11, 2012
I agree with the anser about the screens. The temperatures inside of a glass enclosure might be extreme. i have seen several home with glass doos that disapear. interesting idea.
Garrettgtl, Home Buyer, Destin, FL
Thu Oct 27, 2016
Glass Pool Fencing is for sure the way to go, it's by the far the cleanest approach I have some examples here - http://www.pacific-fencing.com.au
Nora Moore, Home Buyer, American Fork, UT
Mon Feb 2, 2015
I don't see there being a problem with glass fencing. It gives you a nice, unobstructed for the pool. Whenever someone has a pool, there should be some type of fencing to make sure that no kids accidentally fall in when no one is looking. It's better to play it safe that way. http://www.craftsmanfencing.com.au/pr_glasspoolfencing.htm
Mary Jane Pr…, Home Buyer, Provo, UT
Wed Oct 22, 2014
I think that it would still be a good idea to get a glass enclosure. It would look really nice in your yard, and help keep the heat in. It would be pretty easy to clean as well. I think that it would definitely help give your yard a unique look and style.

Mary Jane | http://www.gofencing.com.au/product-category/frameless-glass…
Carter Beari…, Agent, Destin, FL
Mon May 7, 2012
Hello Tricia,

Screen enclosures are a much better way to go with Florida weather. The humidity can break the seal between the windows and you end up replacing windows. Screens are great and much less expensive if you have to replace a panel for any reason. Pool enclosures are great to have in the Destin area. Please feel free to email or call if you have any other questions.

Carter Bearinger
Re/Max Southern Realty Destin
850.499.5132
carter_bearinger@yahoo.com
I really feel like this is a matter of preference. I don't disagree that screen enclosures are cheaper, but I think glass pool fencing looks far superior. I certainly wouldn't enclose my pool in a glass building, but a three or four foot fence is great.

http://www.premiumframelessglass.com.au/#!glass-pool-fences/c1dmi
Flag Wed Sep 17, 2014
Teresa Turner, Agent, Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Sun May 6, 2012
Tricia, I would highly recommend a screened enclosure over a glass enclosure in Destin. We get a lot of nice breezes from the Gulf of Mexico and it makes it very pleasant being out by your pool. You can also make sure you have ceiling fans on your covered porch area and that will also create some air movement inside your pool enclosure. In my opinion, a glass enclosure would make it feel like a greenhouse - TOO HOT!!

Hope this information is helpful.
Karen Butler, Agent, Fort Walton Beach, FL
Sun May 6, 2012
Depending on your budget, sounds like a glass enclosure would be more like being in a terariam. Most of the pools your are seeing, and probably from a distance, are actually screened in lanais. The screening will help keep leaves and other debris out of the pool and keep the bugs away so you can enjoy the days and evenings at the pool, and the wonderful breezes that will come off the Gulf of Mexico. Depending on the size of the pool area you want enclosed, it will cost in the neighborhood of $7000-12000 just to give you a ball park figure.
Myke Atwater, Agent, Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Sun May 6, 2012
Hi Tricia,

Most of the pools in this area that are enclosed are enclosed with screening--wind can pass through in storms, but it keeps the bugs and leaves, etc out of the pool. You are correct that humidity would be a huge problem unless there was an appropriate ac system installed, making it very expensive!!

Myke Triebold, GRI, LMC, SFR, ABR
MykeSaysSold@aol.com
850-305-6256