Home Buying in Mountain Top>Question Details

SKF, Home Buyer in Mountain Top, PA

Getting a mortgage in my name only on the deed and mortgage but using my income and my husbands

Asked by SKF, Mountain Top, PA Tue Aug 11, 2009

I applied for a mortgage using my income only and was approved but not for the amt my husband and I can afford is there any way that I can apply for a mortgage using only my name on the deed, title, and mortgage and using my husbands income to qualify for more of a loan

Answers

2
No his credit is actually better than mine but he has a state tax lien and will not have it fully paid off buy the time we need to purchase a home. Is there any other way of getting around this? I am currently paying down the two credit cards with big balances so that will help, what would you suggest?
SKF,

Nope, if your using your husbands income, the underwriter will look at his credit score. He will be on the note. Is his credit too poor to get a mortgage?

If you have debt in your name, you can try paying that down to get a higher loan amount. Also try paying points to buy down the interest rate.