Get out of my buyers agreement?

Asked by Dade, 55129 Fri Jun 13, 2008

I was working with a realtor trying to find houses. At the time I contacted the realtor I was renting a house. We looked at serveral houses with the realtor. None of the houses we looked at interested us. Our landlord would like for us to buy the home that we are in but does not want to pay a realtor. This was an option at the time we started to rent the place (prior to contacted the realtor) but wanted to check our options. I was going to talk to my landlord about buying the house but before then I told my realtor what I was going to due. He wanted me to pay his commission even though I was not going to use him to negotiate, write a PA, or anything. I have since decided not to pay him $12,000 and to continue renting. Is there any way that I can get out of my buyers agreement in order to purchase the home I am currently living in.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Fri Jun 13, 2008
Since details may be an issue , we recommend contacting an attorney for his/her legal interpretation.

Good luck,
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more